• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team numbering was fairly broken last time, too. It will be sorted out in time.

I had no trouble entering at 09:45 but the list is over 100 already. Just how many people stayed up all night? Or was that only McJim, and everyone else set their alarms for 6am?

This thread must be the busiest this forum's been for months.

All went smoothly for me, I guessed the wee hours were not the time they'd be released but someone would be up very early to press the button, so I followed suit and only had to wait an hour or so before it was live (typically when I went for a shower, so ended up with Team 15 allocation).

Website is slow at times but working fine, thanks RRBR team

Watched the website from 12:00 with only a 40 minute break to go pick Katy up from her office party at 2:00.

Was about to give at 5:00, then noticed a certain Timbancroft61 had logged on and thought "Why is Tim on at this time in the morning.  He must know something."

Tiredness was about to overtake me and I'd set 5:10 as when I would go to bed but one last refresh and the much waited for "ENTER" button was there.

Entry filled and payment accepted by 5:15 and off to bed as lucky no. 7.

Team Scotch Pie Hunters are on their way.

Jim.

No reports of website crashes! Excellent

Thanks Tim and Jason for a bit of assistance, helps also to be up and working for what is 4 AM for your guys.

Seems that we'll not be the only prewar car.... David Pearson has entered a Gnat, I was going to wisecrack about the size of the thing compared with, aheum, when I noticed that it is actually listed as being driven by Clair and Becky, ....

Dirk

For those who have not seen a gnat before, here is my friend roger's car, since sold. Roomey it isnt

I went to bed at the normal time good nights sleep 🙂, got up at 6.00am as usual, booted the laptop up at 6.45am checking facebook and Jonathan Ingram had left a facebook notice "are we in yet!!" so I logged into Club Triumph and it went very smoothly and we are Team 52. Then had my breakfast 😄 Well done Keith 😉

Spitfire 19
GT6 12
Herald 8
2500 21
2000 7
1500 2
dolomite 14
stag 14
toledo 1
vitesse 4
TR7 9
TR6 7
TR5 2
TR4 8
TR3 2
standard 10 1
gnat 2
Gloria 1
  versions:
estate 6
Saloon 60
convertible 53
fixed head 2
coupe 13
surrey  7
hardtop 2
other 3

I could be off by a few, but think i have them all

Dirk

Glad I hit the hay at 1 am! Got on about 9.15AM to get 116! 10 mins later the reserve list kicked in! The team numbers are all over the place, but it seems to be largely self correcting as there are matching gaps in the sequence near each duplicated (or triplicated) number. Since i'm not using the number but a team name and the number doesn't even affect your start position, it doesn't bother me if I end up with 116 or 117 (my number is also duplicated) Early night tonight as much work still to do on the registered car! I have a backup car that is my daily, so that needs virtually no prep if it HAS to step in, but i'd RATHER use the primary, should be quieter and more comfy than the trackday spec backup!

Quoted from rugbyref1-

Excellent model list on entrants, makes interesting reading - is my TR8 under 'other'?

Sorry, no, can't count up to 8 🙄

and the 2500 / 2000 are also mixed up.

so here is a new attempt, i now have 148 entries, but there are only 147 cars, one is thus playing in both fields......

spitfire 19
GT6 12
Herald 8
2500 24
2000 16
1500 2
dolomite 14
stag 14
toledo 1
vitesse 5
TR8 1
TR7 9