For what its worth I would like to add my thoughts.

Despite Keith's hard work our CT web site & forum is not working well & sadly is no longer anywhere near the standard of other clubs (not just car clubs).

This is leading to a lot of frustration for everyone - we are splitting into Facebook CT and non Facebook users which isn't good for club members. This tension also leads to public spats which isn't good for our club's public image.

The web site is slow but useable so lets keep that, but acquire one of the many decent forum packages that are available. I am sure some of us would contribute to the purchase of the necessary software & we could leave the existing forum on line for reference only with new posts blocked and a redirect to the new forum.

OK,

Now it just gets harder,

What time do the inscriptions open? As Howard I work East of your lot and Weekend is working days for me. I'm sitting in front of my computer for most of the day but have not always time to try and get my entry in. Additional issue is that I can not log into CT online payment from here, our "fire Wall" "proxy deal to keep us straight and not wandering into YouTube and Bored Panda sites" simply does not allow it. If we are going the same route again I will have again to rope in the help of Clive or other club member. Something I am them eternally grateful for but not what I prefer to do.

I imagine that the server crash occures because of too many pulls on the database at the same time with all the difficulties that engenders, plus the linking up and coordinating with the external payment sites.

Why not have the form available online to be completed offline first and then submitted to CT either on the website or a dedicated email address. The club then can still select at random the entries to be processed in the system and send out the calls for payment when accepted. No entry is valid without payment so it is already a good sifting the greedy from the hopeful and by putting a time limit on let say of 24H or your slot comes available to somebody else it would simplify the administrators task also.

It might be too late in the game now to change the approach but depending on the "success" of this year stampede (or not) and crashes it might well be worth looking into for the next few.

Still, count me in for this year, the SX has a brand new radiator and is getting an OD gearbox so I'm very much hoping to be the first one to achive a RBRR in a pre-war. We have unfinished business!

D