Average Speed Cameras A85 & A82

• 2 weeks later...

That'll spoil the glencoe drive then, although it might actually improve it for some, not the least the running out of talent Yamaha sportsbike rider that we saw being helilifted out last week after he lost control on the last straight stretch before the climb proper with no other car in sight, overtaking or coming to him. Judging by the state of his bike he must have been going silly speeds. As per the taxi driver I was traveling with not the first and certainly not the last...

They can however  not compete with the A9 as being now scotlands most boring road. It is average speed cam and limited to 60 or 70, but the trucks can only do 50. So with not many overtaking places it only creates tailbacks of cars all going at 50 and getting nervous and anxious to overtake. If you want 50 why dont you make it 50 for all for once....

D

• 3 weeks later...

I was up the A9 the other week and was reminded by my brother who lives in Elgin that it's not so much that the trucks (exceeding 7.5 tonnes) can only do 50, more that the trucks can now do 50!  Previously of course they were limited to 40 on a single carriageway.

The speed limits for trucks were raised in England and Wales in 2015 but not in Scotland strangely.