I'm absolutely gutted but Team 30 The Forest of Dean Flyers have had to withdraw.

All the effort I have put in over the past few weeks with all sorts of different issues such as tight valves in guides leading to bent pushrod leading to damaged cam follower leading to snapped rocker arm ....... etc. have taken their toll.
I finally got Woodie running on Tuesday but still needed additional tweaking and at 74 and mobility problems kicking in with all the bending over the engine I have had to be realistic.

Many thanks to Matt Fowles, Doug Foreman and Carl Nicholson who gave me have bits in my attempt to get Woodie sorted. As I said absolutely gutted, but
I will be going to meet you at my 'local' control, Monmouth South.

I know it is unlikely but should anyone find they need something that I may have (sorry no Lambrini) to help them keep going please feel free to contact me tedt.taylor@btinternet.com or 01594 832992 I will see if I can help and bring it to Monmouth.

MUT

Quoted from TedTaylor-
I'm absolutely gutted but Team 30 The Forest of Dean Flyers have had to withdraw.

All the effort I have put in over the past few weeks with all sorts of different issues such as tight valves in guides leading to bent pushrod leading to damaged cam follower leading to snapped rocker arm ....... etc. have taken their toll.
I finally got Woodie running on Tuesday but still needed additional tweaking and at 74 and mobility problems kicking in with all the bending over the engine I have had to be realistic.

Many thanks to Matt Fowles, Doug Foreman and Carl Nicholson who gave me have bits in my attempt to get Woodie sorted. As I said absolutely gutted, but
I will be going to meet you at my 'local' control, Monmouth South.

I know it is unlikely but should anyone find they need something that I may have (sorry no Lambrini) to help them keep going please feel free to contact me tedt.taylor@btinternet.com or 01594 832992 I will see if I can help and bring it to Monmouth.

MUT

So sorry to hear of your withdrawal Ted, I know you would much rather have been coming along but look on the bright side, at least you will get one proper night in your own bed! It's good of you to come out and support us at Monmouth Services at an ungodly hour and DV I look forward to seeing you there

Tim

Quoted from pete jackson-

No, no, Ted, I am so sorry to hear this. You can't, 'Poo' needs you. 😭

I'm sure he will relieve you of some parts 😉

Pete Jackson

I can bring a couple of distributor caps ......

Checking out Woodie again today because the throttle linkage (SU carbs) did not feel right.  Found that one of the plastic ball joints in the throttle linkage had cracked and when I went to take it off to have a look ..... it snapped.  Now to see if I can find one of those 'cos  Woodie is going nowhere without one unless I can do a MUT bodge 🤔

MUT