I was disappointed to hear from Tim that so far less than half the RBRR entrants have signed up for the just giving web site.

1 in 100 of us suffer from Epilepsy which varies from repeated daily seizures (grand mal) at one extreme to momentary absences (petit mal) that even your closest family don't spot.

Usually it is well controlled by drugs but it still effects sufferers in unexpected ways. Most people know about driving licenses, but even when I got my license returned it was only through the BEA, as it was then called, that I could get car insurance. Scuba diving was another no-no as was obtaining a Private Pilots License. Even now 45 years since my last fit, car hire remains an issue as do locations with powerful flashing lights.

The person talking to you or your colleague at work with may be effected without you ever knowing. Because this is an invisible illness Epilepsy Research needs all the support it can get. Please get out there and raise funds in memory of Martin (Raider) Randle

Cheers

Howard

Quoted from RobPearce-

My co-driver and I are planning to "launch" our fund-raising at work with the car present in the car-park. So I'd better get it built, I suppose. 🙂

Same plan here actually (as last time around). Although I do need to pull my finger out and put a fundraising page together sooner rather than later I won't be making any attempt to publicise it until about a month before- in my experience people aren't interested until the event is nearly on top of you. Plus most of my colleagues have seen the car and are understandably dubious about it's chances of making the start, not to mention the finish...

But the page will be sorted, and funds will be raised before we (attempt to) line up at the start, of that there is no doubt :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Who is the admin for the justgiving page. I have requested to join the group 3 or 4 times now for our team. It says a request has been sent to the admin but our team does not seem to get added. Or am I doing something wrong.

Hi Howard

I thought it probably was Tim.

I would like to share some of my experience with epilepsy.

My daughter suffers from epilepsy, Grand Mal , Petit Mal and complex partials.

Most peoples experience of epilepsy is the grand Mal. Lying on the floor shaking and dribbling. But some seizures are so subtitle that someone could be having a seizure right in front of you and you wouldn't know. My daughter has a laughing seizure, you would think that someone is tickling her or just said the best joke ever not that she is in a full blown seizure.

The RBRR has an extra prevalence to myself as my first run in 2014 was almost missed due to my daughter being admitted to hospital 2 days before after her seizures went out of control. I was still sat beside her bedside in hospital when all the cars left the start and my team mates diverted past Cambridge to pick me up on route after the doctor told me she would be fine.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I have just made up some posters with the justgiving link to my page.

I thought what if I add one of those funny square scanning things to the poster.

After a bit of a Google I now know they are called QR codes. So I started looking for and free QR code generator. There are plenty out there but some want a donation.

I used this site https://www.shopify.co.uk/pos/qr-code-generator#ToolContent

Just have to put your email in and the URL link to your site and they generate the picture and email it to you.

I have since tested it by scanning it with my mobile and it does take you straight to my site.

Danny team 97

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

I am confused as our Just giving page says we have had 6 donations but my profile summary page says our RBRR page has had 8 donations. The Club Triumph over arching summary page also says 8 donations.

The cash totals (Not including gift aid) also disagree.

I made a cash donation on behalf on a friend and the total increased on the Club page but not our page. 

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

Having a little trouble setting up our just giving page.

Is there a link we need to join a group, if not, which epilepsy charity do I select?

Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere, I did a search but came up with nothing.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are any manual sponsorship forms available, preferably for download. Just need to maximise my chances of donations.

One good bit of news is that a local tyre bay has offered us a free set of tyres, just as well as Chris and Jamie both had Russett Brown trouser moments on way back from Gaydon. 

The current ones are Sunny that seem s to indicate the only weather that the tyres are suitable for. 

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update of the statistics from the RBRR Just Giving site (change from October figures in brackets):-

112 (+2) teams have Just Giving pages

91% (+1%) of the entries record donations of more than £100

Average collected per team so far is £710 (+£24).

Total to date £79,561.60 (+£4,321)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you have paper sponsorship you can add it as an offline donation on the just giving website so it still appears as part of the grand total. I did this with £350 sponsorship from my company which gets paid directly to the charity rather than via myself or just giving.