I'm restoring a MK1 Triumph 2000 that did the RBRR in 2008 (Valencia blue) I was wondering if anybody has any pictures of the event and if my car happened to appear in any old pictures , in the background of a picture of your car perhaps at one of the stops. It would be great to find some existence of it being on the road .  JJL 328F is the reg  One more Triumph saved from the scrapyard !   Thanks Baller  

Good spot there Nick it could well be , as the tax ran out in 08 , was in the window when I bought the car The chap that used it was called Paul Moffatt , if there are entry lists for the run might be able to find it there. Just remember the email he sent me saying that not long after doing the run he took it off the road. If anyone can help that would be great

I checked my copy of the entry list for 2008 and there is no sign of Paul Moffat.

There were three 2000Mk1's entered that year which are listed below.

David Picton/Fred Slezak Triumph 2000 Mk1 69 AGJ 278G
David Walker/Matthew Walker/Justin Shelly Triumph 2000 Mk1 69 WEH 784G
David Tongue/Simon Kenway Triumph 2000 Mk1 66 MPH 492D

Cheers

Howard

Quoted from Baller-

Perhaps somebody may have an entry list of 2006 or 2007 and if that turns up trumps then maybe there might be a possibility of a picture or two , I keep hoping !

I had look through my photos from 2006 yesterday, but no sign of it I'm afraid. Although in reality I probably took pictures of less than half the field.

Typing the registration number into Google images sometimes throws up good results. I tried it with your car with a space "JJL 328F" and it brings back one very old picture of it, but not on the RBRR.

Russell.