Early email sent out:

Hi All,

I hope that you are all well and now that 2016 seems to be fully established that you are thinking about the RBRR.

As you know the event has had a charitable basis since 1990 and so far previous RBRR entrants have raised over £510,000.00 for various UK based charities.

This year's charity is Guide Dogs, one that has been around for years. It does not seem so popular when compared to the more prominent ones in the UK, one of the reasons the Club decided to support the Charity.

We always hope to raise over £50,000.00 for whoever we support and for the last 5 or so RBRRs we have achieved this target. Not bad based upon say 100 or so finishers. However for 2016 with 150no cars and crews entered it would not be unreasonable to ask for all crews to do their best and raise over £90,000.00 to therefore push the RBRR total over £600,000.00.

So far in my dealings with Guide Dogs, particularly Rob MacLeay, they have offered excellent support and help. They are very keen for us to use the Just Giving platform to raise money, this system saves Guide Dogs time and therefore money as they do not need to use resources that could be used elsewhere to administer the collection of money.

It is so simple to raise funds, once you have created your page and joined the Team page, one just needs to email the link to the page to all friends, family, acquaintances and colleagues and watch the cash come in!

To make the creation of your team's page, please follow the guide below:

Go to http://www.justgiving.com

Click on 'Create a Login'

Add Login details

Login
Note: If you have used Just Giving for a previous charitable event or indeed the last the RBRR, the last few steps will not be necessary as you will have an account with Just Giving.

Click on Menu (top right of the screen) and click on 'Start Fundraising'

Click on 'Make a page'

Choose 'Guide Dogs' for the registered charity

Click on 'Organised Event' and select 'Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run' (This is essential, the listing should show this event, if not type in 'Club Triumph Round Britain Reliability Run')

This will lead to the template that can be used to create your page.

When you have created your page, it is most important that you link it to the main page, this will ensure your collected money will be added to the RBRR total. Please use the following URL link      https://www.justgiving.com.teams/RBRR2016     and add your page to the team page.

Please note the following:
1. You can amend your fundraising page whenever you like, adding pictures, words etc. Please try and make the page as personal as possible, there is some standard Just Giving script within the template, this can be used or adapted. Photos of the car and the team would be great, also why not include a brief history of the car?

2. We would prefer that all teams had just one page, however should you wish, have a page for each member of your team.

3. Prefix your page title with your entry no.

4. For this 2016 RBRR we are have set up a Team Page, in 2014 we had a Company Page, which it must be said was preferable. The Team page is free to set up and use, where as the Company page now costs £39.00 per month. As the Team page ultimately serves the same purpose, we went for the cheaper option.

5. Once done and you have started fundraising, your amount and total will be automatically added to the event total.

As mentioned above, the use of a JustGiving page is the simplest method of raising funds for Guide Dogs, however we do have paper collection sheets that can be emailed to you, if required please let me know. We also have collection tins that can be sent out. These tins are quite expensive to make and must be returned to me after the event. I will post them out to Entrants who request them, they will need to be hand delivered back to me as they cannot be easily opened (Attempting to open them will damage them), maybe Stoneleigh in 2017 will be a suitable location to hand them to me. . By the way I will be at Stoneleigh this Feb, so I can hand deliver empty tins to those who request them.

Any problems with any of this please email me in the first instance or Rob at Guide Dogs: robert.macleay@guidedogs.org.uk

Thanks for doing this, I really hope that we can raise a large amount for  Guide Dogs.

By the way the UK is the 6th largest raiser of charity money in the world, good eh!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Giving_Index

All the best,