Copied from the magazine:

"Well it looks like the RBRR will have a lot
of new controls this time. It looks likely
that the following 2016 controls will not be
used: Blyth, Kinross, Stirling (?), Sugar Loaf
and Weston Zoyland."

No pies at Stirling this time?

Also, I don't know how bad Kinross Services were in 2016 but from my visits to Knockhill, Kinross must have been truly dreadful to be replaced by Knockhill - a bleak portacabin building well off the route.  Another Weston Zoyland?

Jim.

Certainly surreal.. we were in the first 10 to arrive and for some reason someone decided that a deserted lane was the Weston zoyland halt.. and everyone followed... looked more like some place for dodgy late night liaisons..

When we got to the halt itself it all seemed pretty good after all at 3-4am you are not looking for a picturesque stop..

Cheers

Tim

• 3 months later...
Quoted from brianthesnail96-

Westonzoyland was weird, but in a good way. Doubt we'll be anywhere quite as surreal this year!

Be a shame to lose the traditional stop at Morrisons (and the pies) but with the changes at the garage understandable. The car park does get a tad busy too.  

Thats my Herald!

• 4 months later...

Check out the facebook Group, Rob Southern is suggesting he may be able to organise pies at Perth Tesco Extra. This has a 24 hour petrol station and is actually on the route. So it looks like pies in the early wee hours rather than tea time may be an option. Please respond to Rob's post on the RBRR facebook group if you are interested in this.