All entrants,

Lets see some pics of your cars and read some words about the cars.

To start, here is my GT6 mk 2 that I will be using on the RBRR with my mate Darren Reynolds. Had her a long time and I think this will be her 7th RBRR.

New engine is being prepared, nothing too wild, just hoping for a nice smooth revvy 2.0 engine.

The Flying Log

Gusset Brown 1500HL Dolomite, 1979 with poo Brown Interior... 

This will be the 4th RBRR for this car, which has already successfully completed 3 RBSS. 1st was in 2008 when the car belonged to Darren Sharp, followed by my Team Flying Log Entries in 20014 and 2016.

This year the crew will be myself Andy Cook, my 7th RBRR, Glynn Davis, his 3rd RBRR and Mark Smith his 2nd RBRR.

New car for us for next year's run, JO is a lightly modified mk1 2000 in Valencia blue.

Alfa 156 seats, no overriders, some polybushes underneath and 15" Compomotive MLs...........oh and a 24valve 2.5 BMW straight six from an E36, Mk1 Golf GTI alloy radiator, 5spd E30 Getrag gearbox, lengthened BMW two piece prop and a 3.45 Triumph diff with Gripper LSD.

Colin

Hi Pete. That was something I wrote about a year ago! I'm honestly delighted that you've got the Stag running so well.  I just ended up losing patience with it, it's great to see that it's finally reliable. Do I regret selling? - No, because it was right decision for me at the time and you've done things with it that I couldn't. 

Anyway here is my 2000 recently. It's now manual and going better than ever. Here's to October 5th 

• 2 weeks later...

This is mine - another gusset brown small saloon, this time a 2-door Toledo with the scary orangey tan interior.

Bought last year from one Angela Cotton on the Isle of Wight, the car's amazingly clean - just a bit of the usual rot around the headlights. The old girl came with repair panels for the inner headlamp mounting panel, but I'm trying to convince myself I don't need to take the wings off to make it all sound and solid.

Under the bonnet is the standard original 1300 OHV engine, but I have an unleaded head ready (ish) to go on, then a stainless steel manifold and downpipe and a pair of HS2s. To make the most of that, it also needs a Spit III profile cam, so that's next on the shopping list. I'd love an overdrive box but that's not very original either...

I've done RBRR 2 or 3 times already, but that was about 15-20 years ago - again in a 2-door Toledo. I'm sure JOG and LE are still there... I've been a race and rally driver for 30+ years, my navigator and another driver mate are planning to come along, though my GF Hannah is also talking about coming. Four up might be a struggle, who do I say "no" to???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all - here's a pic of my Lizzie with a fresh Sapphire Blue coat, with much thanks to the gents at Yorkshire Triumph.

This will be my first RBRR and I'll have my brother-in-law as co-driver... who's also an RBRR virgin!

I'll be rebuilding Lizzie over the next few months, and then spending as much time on the road before October 5th to discover and hopefully fix the glitches and foul-ups I've made in her re-assembly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Team 33

Work done so far, rebuilt front suspension and brakes, new rear springs and shocks. New exhaust. Replaced front seats and fitted front seatbelts. Rebuilt carbs, fuel pump and freed of fuel sender. Lots still to do, but getting there.