Well the Pi is now painted. Annoyingly I ran out of plastic clips, so couldn't finish the last bit of trim near the rear quarter light.
Not much left to do at present, but I'm sure things will go wrong a lot nearer the time! :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74807157@N06/27127501507/in/album-72157694885238341/

No idea if that'll work- all being well this is our (newly acquired) steed for the run. Needs a bit of work- little things, like a clutch, diff, rear wheel bearings, brakes... plus the usual uprated lighting, relayed headlights and whatnot. Potentially a bit of bodywork too although the bits that matter seem halfway reasonable having had a bit of a poke around underneath, wings have seen better days though.

• 2 months later...

Here is my 1974 Spitfire 1300. Exterior is good but interior is tatty. I have bought new carpets, a new steering wheel and I am ordering new seat foam and covers, along with new door cards etc. So the interior will soon be as good as the exterior. I am in the process of signing up to the 2019 France RBRR, so I am looking forward to that particular challenge.

Quoted from thescrapman-
Quoted from pete jackson-

New addition.........

Colin, keep your beady eyes off tongue-out Rutty, no more than legal limit 😉

Do you need blue lights up it?

Hey that would be great.......They obviously got through the terrible experience of being launched off Pooh's roof during Rutty's driving then 😲