I was at the drivers' meeting today.  Good job done.  Big improvement on last year (partly due to the charity rep keeping it short and sweet!)  Anyway, there was a discussion re petrol stations in the Q&A that was useful.  Clearly some detailed knowledge on offer - a lot of which I couldnt get down.  Would it be possible for those in the know to list the late night garages etc in Scotland and Wales?

Bob

Our experience in the past in Scotland and Wales is to Fill up at the control stops and Tesco's in Wick (Scotland)  and you should be fine, unless you have a very thirsty car
I was in my Stag auto last time and had no problems with fuel through Scotland and Wales using the designated stops for refuelling. The only difference I can see this year is that there isn't an official stop at Gordono Services after Wales so it will probably be worth picking up some fuel there before going to Westonzoyland.  Hope this helps.

As mentioned yesterday, the re-fueling issue in isolated areas of the UK is getting better.

It is not a major problem on the event, just re-fuel before you need it.

Scotland:
Important to fill up around Perth, if you did not take on fuel at Kinross Services, the 3rd RBRR Control Stop.

Skiach offers 24hrs fuel, Wick, Thurso, Fort William all offer filling stations.

Wales:
Very important to fill up at Gledrid Services, its a long haul to the next filling stations that are at Monmouth and possible Chepstow.
Once across the Severn into England, Gordano services onwards offer fuel.

The next services down the M5 from Gordano is Sedgemoor, which is both slightly quicker (being directly on the motorway) and in my opinion slightly more welcoming. It's about 20 miles South of Gordano.

The nearest motorway services to WZL control is Bridgewater but that's a faff to get to being some way from the motorway and not very well laid out. If you can safely get there from Gledrid Sedgemoor would be my recommendation. Might well be a non motorway 24hr en route to the Airfield of course.