• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just caught up with this thread again, i think we are getting way to hung up on the details.

Ive done many RBRR's and finished all of them. Thats the bit thats important to me. I dont really care if someone rolls in an hour late and gets a mug. They took part and they got there. If they had to miss a stop becuase they had a lot of trouble. Never mind. They know they cut it out. I cut out wales (before there was a control point there) on one as due to issues we were so far behind, that had we not done so, we might as well have retired and driven home. Which according to some here is what we should have done. To me, doing what we did was far more in the spirit of the event.

The personal satisfaction of achieving it is why i do it. As far as im concerned, do whatever it takes to comply with the MSA, it doesn't really matter to me. Just keep running the event.

My only observation where i do think we have gone backwards a little, (and i know im in the minority here) is the adding of mileage over time, mostly wales. This has stepped up the pace over what it once was, increasing the chances of lateness. I used to do a lot more mending of other peoples broken cars than i do now. But then we now have mobile phones, so helping out and finding parts is much easier than it once was, i.e. hoping someone would appear out of the murk, stop and have what you needed on board!