Woo Hoo!   Great News, I applied for matched sponsorship funding from my employer Vodafone and I've just had a mail confirming that my application has been approved. Vodafone match any sponsorship raised up to £350.00!

So that's another £350 raised by team "Flying Log", it will get paid direct to Macmillan rather than through my just giving page so I've shown it as an offline donation for now.

Anyone else who works for a big company it's worth checking if they have any similar schemes as I know a lot of companies do this....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately my employer wont give to any charity that involves animals.  Talking to a friend of mine who is a fund raiser for Guide dogs said that this is not an uncommon problem. They have said I can send an email to my colleagues so I hope to pickup some more sponsorship.

Mark

I'll be applying for a match again this time from my Employer, Vodafone. It has to be done after you've raised the money and they may match up to £350. No Guarantee as the application goes to a board who decide which applications get the money each quarter ( 3 months) as there is a finite amount of money to give out, it has to be with a charity on their system so hoping Guide Dogs is one of the listed charities. Definitely worth trying again as they paid out last time!

• 1 month later...

Well good news, got my matched funding from Vodafone got approved so that's another £350 to add to the grand total. It gets paid direct to Guide Dogs by the Charity Aid Commission so won't be attributed obviously to the RBRR so Tim will need to separately add to the grand total, I've mailed him to let him know.