2012 RBRR meeting at Gaydon

Does anyone know what time the Drivers meeting will be at Gaydon? i've a recollection it is Sunday 23rd Sept.
I'm hoping to squeeze in the WsM Half Marathon in the morning, but if it's a 1 o'clock start at gaydon, I could be pushing it a little.... ;)

Really looking forward to the sights and sounds of 48hr Triumph related RBRR nonsense with my good friend Sir Roy of Boy  8)

timbancroft61 wrote:
Of course we mind, if we did not we would not run the meeting!

Yes, it starts at 13.00hrs.

Sorry Bruce.

Tim

I was only kidding.

Mikes inability to ever be on time anywhere is an embarrassment to me.

But after 30+ years I have given up hope of ever curing him.

At least we now know what he was doing in 2010 that made him late..  ;)

So that is why I have recruited some far better co-drivers to ensure we are on time this year.

Cheers

Colin

Colin, you need to lie to him - "Yeah Mike they changed the time, it starts at 12:00 sharp" that ought to get him there for about 13:00 :-)

To be honest guys, it's hassle enough to corral you all intro one place, shut you all up and crack on with the meeting, late comers are a pain and disrupt the flow. We have a high proportion of newbies again this time and they will want the full briefing. Also there are a few subtle changes this time, different stops, timing changes and route tweaks so worth taking in the full meeting.

It would be good if the "veterans" could do some mingling with the newbies too, pass on a few tips and generally ensure they appreciate what an undertaking this event is without scarring the crap out of them. Whilst some retirements are inevitable it would be good to improve our success rate. Some newbies do seem to have the rose tinted goggles on right up until they realise just how long they have spent in Scotlandshire with a long way to go! We all know the event is hard with the option to make it even harder being down to the car and crew preparation.

Jason - he's taking about Mikey B. If he'd have been told it was starting at 12:55 in 2010 he'd have been there in time to buy some Valvemaster. ;)

mikew wrote:

That's Sunday Lunch at the pub gone then.

Order a pizza to be delivered half way through?