Don,

I feel like I am letting the side down. Just bought a TR6 and part of the deal to enter the event with my partner, Ginnie, was that we spend as much time with the roof down whilst driving on the Continent.

My GT6 still awaits the fitment of its new loom...............

Looking at the list very few of the entrants for the first one are taking part: You, Paul Darbyshire, Jason Chinn, Tim Hunt (I think Jason and Tim are the only persons to have completed all of them), Ellis and me. Your GT6 must be the only car being used that completed that inaugural 10CR?

Shame that Andy Flexney is not amongst the entries, love seeing the yellow TR on the event.

Got to say, I am looking forward to the 10CR next year.

Quoted from timbancroft61-

Edit that, Tim's TR4A was on the first one and of course, has completed all of them.

In fairness Tim, although I have indeed completed all 10CRs to date I did the 2015 Run in Howard Pryor's very nice TR4 (although I didn't get on with the foot dip switch or the awkward handbrake position). My car was ready to go as back up if necessary but we had agreed to share his car on the 2015 10CR after we had done the 2014 RBRR in mine. It's a pity to have one gap in the Swiss vignette display on NGP 86D but never mind

Tim

Well I've not been on a 10CR, or any CT Rally for that matter, before - our car 'Ziggi' one of the 'Plenty of Spitfires' - is currently getting new floorpans and sills and we are also awaiting a wiring loom and it would be good to lighten and balance the bottom end too - so plenty do before the off :o)))

Ok - I've put in a half entry - Ellis informs me that Annie Other is not allowed to navigate for me  - so while I spend a while playing Billie Jean Nomates - is there anyone else in a similar position - keen to do 10CR but currently only half a team?

Quoted from Greta-

Ok - I've put in a half entry - Ellis informs me that Annie Other is not allowed to navigate for me  - so while I spend a while playing Billie Jean Nomates - is there anyone else in a similar position - keen to do 10CR but currently only half a team?

Does the person have to be a member? I’ve got a mate who is really into Triumphs who would love to go

Quoted from Beans-
Quoted from Saltddirk-

See that I'm not the only one who loves a good deadline and the sound they make when whooshing past

I thought Shaun would be using a Dolomite for the 2019 10CR ...

Guess he ran against an higher authority now, being married shifts the priorities (quiet) a bit LOL

I have Shangaied him to do it once more with the spit. For the next RBRR run however I have told him that it will be either with the Dolly, or he will have to join me in the Gloria. Seen that he is not that "slightly mad" as I am he'll be pressing on for then, I hope :) (i will still go with the GLoria though, but have not told him yet, Good Back up car that is, plenty of spare part capacity :) )

Quoted from 65redspit-
Quoted from Greta-

Does the person have to be a member? I’ve got a mate who is really into Triumphs who would love to go

No he does not, only one has to be CT member...

@ Nuala, still plenty of time to get Billy Nomate teamed up. I'm sure there will be other candidates piping up. It is after all a fantastic event, and, sorry Tim, I think it is even better than the RBRR, more satisfying because more scenery, social involvement... and less stressful. But then that could be because of my penchant to do things the challenging way.

D

Quoted from Saltddirk-
quoted from Greta-

@ Nuala, still plenty of time to get Billy Nomate teamed up. I'm sure there will be other candidates piping up. It is after all a fantastic event, and, sorry Tim, I think it is even better than the RBRR, more satisfying because more scenery, social involvement... and less stressful. But then that could be because of my penchant to do things the challenging way.

D

Just realized Nuala that I did not thank you properly for offering to store the Gloria at your premises after we broke down on the RBRR. Maybe Phil spoke before his turn but I really appreciated the suggestion and offer. Remind me to pay you a drink for that if we bump into each other during the 10CR

D

Quoted from Saltddirk-
Quoted from 65redspit-
Quoted from Greta-

D

My friend, Mel, would be very keen if you want his contact details?

Quoted from Saltddirk-

I have Shanghaied him to do it once more with the spit. 

Dirk

I kind of hoped you would be taking the Gloria for 10CR2019. 

I seem to remember you were also in the red spit last time (if I am not mixing you up there were some carb-problems in the mountains going uphill crating a stutter (i think we briefly met??)

Cheers

Nick

Nick,

Yup that was us, the engine had absolutely no power in low rev's meaning that we had to hooligan our way up the mountain passes. We have since rebuild the carbs and the problem seem to have vanished, only to be replaced with one of the carbs that stucks open when coming off throttle, so that needs to be investigated.

As to the Gloria, it might be tempting but for now the car sits sulking in a corner, I have not yet investigated what the cause of the overheating was. That's on the board for this week.

Gearing however would make her suitable for the passes, but not so for the motorway stretches. So there you are Catch 22.

Someone say supercharger....?

We're doing it in the supercharged TR6 fresh from destroying the gearbox during the RBRR (made it home but synchromesh was ropey!)..

been promised that the gearbox is now bullet proof.. we'll see..

Question is do we run at 4 or 7 psi boost?

Cheers

tim

Someone say supercharger....?

We're doing it in the supercharged TR6 fresh from destroying the gearbox during the RBRR (made it home but synchromesh was ropey!)..

been promised that the gearbox is now bullet proof.. we'll see..

Question is do we run at 4 or 7 psi boost?

Cheers

tim

Quoted from cliftyhanger-
Quoted from Saltddirk-

Gearing however would make her suitable for the passes, but not so for the motorway stretches. So there you are Catch 22.

I think a supercharger and longer gearing would solve all your problems.

Quit right Clive, later this week we'll getting the engine out to see what failed, that will be the moment to investigate if a overdrive box would fit. There are also 3 different combinations of C&P used so will have to check what we have and what is possible. Not cheap though, :(

anyone an original shamrock for sale?