Clive

Gill has been busy digging about for hotels.
So far she has booked these 2. She found some only offer breakfast from 7.30 (or suchlike) so decided they may be a bit late. Parking was nother consideration. And we also took into account the Ibis hotels seem to have comfy beds!
Wed 6th Sept Ibis Mulhouse Ville Gare Centrale
Fri 8th Sept  Holiday Inn Express Singen (not a lot of hotels in Singen!)

• 3 weeks later...

So far Chris & 1 have booked the following hotels

5/9 HOTEL PREMIÈRE CLASSE LILLE OUEST - LOMME

7/9 Albergo Cavallino s’Rossi Marano

8/9 Holiday Inn Singen

Does anyone have any ideas for the first night in Mulhouse where we may meet up with some other 10CR types?

Quoted from Tim Hunt
If it helps five teams have booked in the Pension Georgshof, Morter (near Coldrano) for the Thursday night at €58.40 per person dinner bed and breakfast. When I just looked on booking.com there were still two doubles available.

Tim

Make that 6 teams Tim - thanks for the tip off, we were struggling to find somewhere around there at a reasonable price.

OK,
all a bit fuzzy, but based on the remarks by the other teams I think that we had booked too close to the Stelvio. A quick check on Google learns me that it is another hour driving to Merano,
As a Result I have cancelled the reservations I had made and have booked a B&B in Coldrano, cheaper too, but no restaurant on site, so we'll probably gate crash one of the other properties that have a restaurant.

Cheerz
D

OK,
all a bit fuzzy, but based on the remarks by the other teams I think that we had booked too close to the Stelvio. A quick check on Google learns me that it is another hour driving to Merano,
As a Result I have cancelled the reservations I had made and have booked a B&B in Coldrano, cheaper too, but no restaurant on site, so we'll probably gate crash one of the other properties that have a restaurant.

Cheerz
D

Team 38 Hotels now booked:

Tuesday: Hotel Fleur de Lys- 59270 Bailleul +33 3 28 50 20 00 GPS N 050° 43.520, E 02° 44.096
Wednesday: Ibis - 53 Rue De Bâle GPS N 047° 44.841, E 07° 20.758
Thursday: Pension an der Mayenburg - (Few miles beyond Merano) 39011 Vollan +39 0473 568022   N 046° 35.412, E 11° 8.821
Friday: Best Western - Alemannenstraße 42  +49 7731 4020 GPS N 047° 45.876, E 08° 50.507

Just the ferry to book, hoping for the Tuesday 20:00 Dover to Dunkirk, and Sunday 14:00 Dunkirk to Dover.
Presume we will see plenty of you at the ferry

If not hope to see some of you at these hotels and/or out on the road.

Paul and I got cracking on the jobs list for the spring/summer yesterday, prioritised for HCR, MOT and 10CR.

Team 56 and 57 have so far booked something (out of the way) in the Meran area for the Thursday evening (very good restaurant nearby ),
and the HI in Singen for the Friday evening (good food and beer close to their back entrance 🙂)
We'll (probably) ditch the overnight stay in the Mülhausen area to give us more time for some nice driving roads between there and Meran.