Digital speedometer / alternative

Howard

On the TR7 the Km scale on the speedometer is unreadable, so for many years I have used a backup digital unit. Sadly the Origin B2 gps which I used finally died last year so I have been looking for an alternative. There are a number available, but they were all expensive/very small/uncalibrated so not much use.

However I looked in the android app store and found a very useful free replacement. DigiHUD provides a clear display with 1" high characters & is easily switched from Km to Miles. Since does not need to connect to the mobile network it can be used in airplane mode / WiFi without a SIM, so no unexpected bills.

So instead of tossing your old smart phone away, turn it into a flexible speedo for your Triumph

Ahhhh. A few years ago Specsavers were doing an offer. So I ordered two pair (one as sunglasses and one clear), they were bi-focal and made so that I could see distance, top 2/3rd and also that the dash board was sharp, bottom 1/3rd. Sat in specsavers with a tape measure to make sure I got it right. Quick glance isn't a problem now.

I dont understand the need to use a reversed reflection of what's on your phone screen when you can just glance at the speedo app on your phone in the first place??
I use Speedometer on my iphone, and to be honest its easier to look at it in its holder or resting on the dash than trying to  mount it so you get a readable reflection, plus the screen is easy to see during the day too, which is a big ask for most of the HUD app reflections!