10CR 2017: Which car and what preparations?

Beans

Quoted from thescrapman

I heard some knocking on Monday that is beyond spannering, luckily not my car......

I will be wearing my "I told you so" badge for the run, and perhaps next time he will check the spare engine before fitting it.

You must be joking! When does he ever take advice or listen to people? 🙂

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from timbancroft61
Roger,

Thank you for the kind offer, will call if having an issue.

But Feltham are very good, used to take the GT6 there, would still, but their new rig does not accept 13'' wheels!!!

How is the Stag?

Did you get the email I sent yesterday about Hotel listing?

Tim

Sure did

Though sadly, the stag has sprung a coolant leak from the edge of the head gasket 😲

And im away most of the next week................................

Just got back from the tyre fitter. The rear tyres were very old - I remember buying them back in 1997! I managed to buy a set of old TR4 steel wheels locally yesterday. Two wheels that were on the car were quite bad - they wobbled. So from the 8 wheels the best 4 were chosen, and the 2 best from them went on the front. 165/80-15 Continental tyres.
Drawback is that the rear wheels now are much less in appearance - my "old" original wheels were quite good and still had original paint. Maybe I will spray paint the rear wheels this weekend. Or maybe not, will see.