Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Well, 10CR will be fun when we need Visas and Passports to travel between countries...

Perhaps 10CR 2019 or 2021.

That said they already seem to insist on a passport just to leave the UK, let alone enter mainland Europe.

There is nothing free about my movements anymore.

Is was just as easy going to the Far East, and I didn't need a Visa for any of the countries I visited.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

One of our first trips was on the tail of a `ferry`with freight trucks on railtracks inside the boat....cars were an afterthought....and there was a brass plaque on the side of the freight deck......depicting its use during the second world war!

The train ferries went from Dover but in my hometown of Folkestone the vehicle was loaded by crane.

in a effort to make the 10CR more accessible to the wider CT audience by not having to buy expensive foreign currency or pay for expensive oversea travel and due to popular demand (52%) the 2017 10CR will be staying in England and Wales. It will be reduced to a 2 days over a weekend and the 'C' will now stand for 'Counties'

😉 😉 🙂

AndyF

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from AndyF
Rob,
I think you are about 12 months early with your question.
The planning was never this early and I doubt it will be this time round 🙂 🙂

AndyF

I think an early question is good. 12  months early? no mate. I was asking as this will be my next CT event, I plan to do the Auto Ecosse next year to shake down the car but I am forward thinking to this event. I am sure a bit of early interest is good for the club and event?

Rob

Quoted from michael
Sorry the ecosse has been canned to lack of entries and will probable not run again regards michael

From newsletterCCHMSC
Ecosse Challenge - 4 & 5 June CANCELLED
Lack of entries forces your club to cancel this event
Just when we thought the new format for this two day event, with tour, tests, and regularities, had aroused some real interest, the world changed and after an initial surge of entries the postman stopped calling. The half price entry compared to past years, and cut price overnight accommodation option on the Saturday, failed to provide sufficient interest.

While the club would run the event at cost, the range of up front costs to meet the current less than 10 entries, results in a substantial loss which the club cannot underwrite.

Sincere apologies to those who had entered and were looking forward to an exciting two days of activities, crossing some stunning Scottish scenery. The interest in your club running two day events seem over, at least for the foreseeable future.  

We are running the Border Raiders  this year even with a low entry.

Next year we will have to think carefully to balance the effort put in for the low level of interest. If we do run it then it could be a shakedown event but 2 month before the 10CR if we keep the same dates.

Quoted from michael
Sorry the ecosse has been canned to lack of entries and will probable not run again regards michael

Well if it does not run next year I will ask any interested to come up and we can do a few miles on superb roads, I know a few decent B&B's and fab roads. I am sure I could interest a few.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Guys, on a serious note do we have the dates for the 2017 10CR please, I have spoken to my supervisors at work and next year is going to be an issue with leave allocation due to forthcoming changes. I discussed this event and the fact its once every 2 years and I have been told to get the dates to them asap to get the leave booked now, this should guarantee the leave period for me allowing me to take part. If I don't get it in soon I may never get the allocated time off when I need it. Do we have dates yet?

Rob