• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from Ellis Stokes

I wonder if he'll still be saying that when 60 Triumphs turn up!  

We both have big gardens, just bring your tents! Although that time of year it should be nice weather, you can always sleep in the stables.
Would be a great 'triumph' BBQ to set off a great atmosphere for the start. 😉

Quoted from Beans
We have our "Nachtrit" this Saturday, so I will be doing a last check before the start.
I will look if there are some nice green fields for the tent fans in the vicinity of the finish location  

Midnight, circa 1973, my first Spitfire , looking where to pitch a tent somewhere near Rydal water ,after a few pints,....
Pulled off the main road....."look there`s a flat spot over there , " as the headlights swept in front of us
Quick braking ensued .......it was the lake!
Head lights then picked another long stretch of green as we reversed around....."pitch there"
Following morning as my head emerged from pitched tent i saw a police car stop, reverse up, look at us, do a double take ,shaking heads and drove off
Stood up turned around ....and we were on someones front lawn!

Midnight circa 2008/9 , Nachtrit, latest Spitfire, following a stream of cars............someone must have said "90 right, 90 left"....and we all just followed..............up a bungalow`s front drive..........Owner looking out of living room window, seeing at least four cars doing u turns across hi lawn

Green, lawns, Triumphs ....don`t mix

Quoted from Ellis Stokes

I wonder if he'll still be saying that when 60 Triumphs turn up!  

Easy, has been done before.

And as Shaun says, it would be great to have a Triumphant BBQ and then set off all together in the morning.
Some might even come in useful in helping getting the Spit ready for the run. (see unfinished business)

And for those not wanting a barn to sleep in, there is a BW close by, or a few B&B i can direct you to.

But wait a moment,,,,,,
didn't I recall correctly that quite a few of you were bemoaning the fact that there is no more overnight driving in the 10CR, and now they are all crying out for soft beds!......
Arhh, no pleasing them isn't it.

D

But wait a moment,,,,,,
didn't I recall correctly that quite a few of you were bemoaning the fact that there is no more overnight driving in the 10CR, and now they are all crying out for soft beds!......
Arhh, no pleasing them isn't it.

D

I refer the honourable gentleman to 2005

Start at the Plough, Enfield - overnight drive to camping in Ventimiglia. The last night was also at a campsite. Of course anyone could choose other types of accommodation 😎

Quoted from AndyF
Oh, I remember it well

the ground was so hard you needed a Hiti to get the tent pegs in 🙂

Those were the days on days like those .... (think I am getting my song titles mixed up 🙂 )

AndyF

Absolutely... I don't mind camping, but I do draw the line at camping on a gravel car park!

Camped in a few places in Australia where a Hilti gun would have useful for pegging the tent out.  The distressed state of the tent pegs (hired kit) showed we weren't the first to have problems.  Another place was so sandy 3 foot stakes would have been better - that site was very windy too, which was not a happy combination.......

Nick

• 1 month later...

We have allocated leave periods, this falls out of that leave period, I was initially told to put it in with as much notice as possible which I did, the leave was initially approved however was knocked back from those in charge as its outside the leave period I have been allocated.

As for human rights we don't count as humans we have no rights as we are not employed. We dont have a union we have no come back and the goverment change our terms and conditions and more recently our pension meaing I am working 10 years longer for 1/3 less pension and next to zero lump sum. Leaving many to leave the job and do anther carrer . I thought it was going to be different up in Scotland and for some things it better but mostly its going the way England and wales went meaning the job is well and truly fooked. I would say most of you will have more staff working at your local McDonnalds on a night shift than your local Police office.

I have now made a slightly different application and hope to get that approved and if that goes through I will be doing my own run with a few friends.
I have put a formal appeal to the man up high but I don't hold out any hope and to save messing withdrawn my entry.

Rob