Echo the above, this was a truly superb event. There was nothing about it that we didn't like; route, scenery, hotel stops, the cameraderie, food - everything was perfect. Many thanks to all those who organised it; you did a great job.

We cooked the brakes, and snapped the n/s ARB bracket on a rock but the old car still did its stuff and got us round fine; 2,200 miles door to door.  Our issues were nothing compared to problems suffered by others and we commiserate with those who had event stopping failures or accidents. We had one back in 2011 and know how it feels. And of course the sad news about Bill puts things into perspective a bit...

Thanks again - Mike and Tristan in Car 14

Had a great time, Slovenia and the Dolomites were fantastic.

My car was ok, a few issues: TRE, light switch, electric fan relay. But all sorted during the event.

Thanks to Mike and Andy, top work!

And of course, thanks to Dave Kent for putting up with me.

Still thinking about the car of the event, probably Clive and Gill's Spitfire or Leighton and Alison Ball's 2.5Pi? But then Tom Key's TR6 is mindboggling!

Thanks to Andy and Mike 🙂  We liked the route - so many fantastic roads, especially Slovenia and the smaller, more extreme parts of the Dolomites. We found the timing much more relaxed this time around and managed to add on some "big" mountains in a mission to get 11 countries (+UK) without having to drive all night on Saturday. Also seemed to get a bit more social in this time, which was nice.  Didn't see many others while on the roads though.
Total mileage door to door of 2,645.  On route was about 1,800.

Car has survived, mostly, though bit concerned that the doors don't seem to fit like they did....... Slovenian cobbled hairpins....... 😲

Nick

We arrived home this morning at 7:30am after a good night's kip on the Hoek - Harwich ferry. Despite having minuscule clutch pedal travel from Aachen we got round but had to cut the wiggly bits. Probably need a new clutch and whatever caused the original problem. Everything else about the GT6 was great, performance, handling, gearbox  and wipers.

Motor run-in (after rebuild) around the Czech Republic and we started to give it some real welly in Germany. Horrendous jams near Rotterdam but managed to divert north and then down the coast road...5 hours early!

I took quite a few photos at Rolduc and will post these when I can.

John and I had a great time and met a whole bunch of new friends.

Many thanks to:

Karl/Jason/Nigel/Andy and all those who stopped to help move my spit into a farmers yard(with axle failure)
To the farmers wife, in austria, for supplying coffee and support
The Team Cordin8 for doing a fine job for making various alterations to sailings for us and others where required
For Philip and Kirsty taking us on board the 2000/V8 time machine to get us home

...and to myself for making everyone happy on the ferry crossings, albeit this seemed to be unregognised by some
Home some ten minutes ago

My first 10CR successfully completed, I'm sure I'll be back for more punishment as I had a great time. I echo the thanks to Mike and Andy for all the prep work, Mike Helm for doing the official starting, mid point and finishing stuff, Martin for supplying and helping to fit our first alternator (you weren't to know it was a dud!), Dave for supplying and fitting Colin's alternator for a more permanent fix and all the teams for the camaraderie that makes CT events so great.

Last but not least Howard for supplying team 59's trusty steed.