As many will know our 10CR was brought to an end when we hit 3 wild boar in the Czech Republic 😲

The front of PMW, my Mk2 2000 was pushed in and the radiator shoved into the front pulley resulting in all the water pouring out. The radiator itself had a large hole punched into it and was also only holding on with the two top bolts.

The car is still in the Czech Republic awaiting repatriation.

It's not been easy dealing with the various companies but we have had a hire car to get us back to Dover, a taxi from there to the ferry all for free.

Then foot passenger tickets, a taxi fair to Surrey, plus tube and train fares to get me home, all covered by my policy with Peter James Insurance so a big thanks to them.

It's not all over yet though and I will be glad to see the car back home when they will then get an assessor out to decide what happens next.

If you are ever in this unfortunate situation my experience so far is that you will experience alot of delays and frustration with times when you feel very abandoned!

Abandoned that is, apart from the tremendous moral support from your Club Triumph mates - cheers everyone

Quoted from thescrapman
I believe Mike offered you a secondhand nose from a Mk2

When you get the car back get some pictures up showing the damage

Cheers

Yes Colin, as well as a radiator.

Thanks in advance and we will see what the insurance company say when it gets back but good to know I have this offer.

In the meantime here are some pics but we forgot to take any of the radiator - you'll just have to imagine the 1" hole pounched in it

Quoted from thescrapman
Did you go back and put it in the boot?

All round your for roast boar in a few weeks??

I am writing an article for Club Torque as we speak and had just reached that point. Strangely the thought never entered my head

I do wonder what I might find under the car though

Quoted from AndyF
I don't want to be a boar and as you know you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but have you thought about having it fixed in the Czech Republic?
I know lots of Germans have their TRs done there and are pleased with the quality and price.
If you want I can make enquiries.

AndyF 🙂

Thanks Andy.

I have all kinds of offers of assistance coming at me right now which is great.

I'll keep this one in mind too for when I hear from the insurance.

I have a pun which I am holding on to by the way

Quoted from thescrapman
I can't see it being scrapped. Hammer the rad mounts back into place, fit a new rad and ignore the bent metal. Back on the road in no time.

Been told today that it will be back in the UK around October 1st at a location in Brentford.  The insurance company will then contact me about what happens next.

I reckon Essex is better than the Czech Republic for me to make sure the car is saved one way or another 🙂

Quoted from thescrapman

So do I, shame Brentford isn't in Essex...

Not far away though...

You know to give any of us diwn here a shout of you need a hand.

Cheers

Colin

Google says Brentwood is in Essex

Still, wherever it is I will indeed give my friends down there a shout for help if needed and it's much appreciated.