Border incident

Raider

I at last have a photo of what was in my boot when we were stopped and searched on the Belgian/French border.

Thanks goodness the boot was so full that all the writing wasn't visible when we opened the boot - "4 bombs" might not have gone down too well!

I have had visions of us being thrown in gaol, the car being the subject of a controlled explosion and the border closed for hours!  ::)

Now that really would have been publicity.

Oh, pure genius Martin! You must have really thought about that!
hmmm, reminds me of a teenage sarcasm moment of mine: a border guard once asked my Dad how many of us there were in the car ... exasperated at her inability to count i joked that there was one in the boot as well. Silence ensued! :P Until we were out of earshot of the border, whereupon shouting began, and i very nearly did have to ride in the boot after that!

Oh, pure genius Martin! You must have really thought about that!
hmmm, reminds me of a teenage sarcasm moment of mine: a border guard once asked my Dad how many of us there were in the car ... exasperated at her inability to count i joked that there was one in the boot as well. Silence ensued! :P Until we were out of earshot of the border, whereupon shouting began, and i very nearly did have to ride in the boot after that!

At one stage we had 5 litres of petrol in plastic bottles in the boot of the Stretch - due to a slight miscalculation at the automatic pumps and an unwillingness to walk away from it when it had our money! Besides, Evian bottles are well known for their strength and durability when exposed to volatile solvents - still they were in the boot and that was a long way away from teh driver's seat!  ;D

Archived