Thank you CLUB TRIUMPH!!!!!

Torpedo4

Thank you Club Triumph and everyone that participated for an amazing time.  Team Torpedo had the trip of a lifetime..we cannot stop talking about it.  Everyone was friendly, funny, helpful, and warm.  It is amazing how the Triumph margue attracts the same minded fun loving people the world around.   Most of us just got home today, but the 10CR will not be over for Team Torpedo until Casper (2000) and Rebecca(Dolomite) land in the states and make the last full days drive to the midwest, planned on the 24th of September.  A special shout-out goes to Roy Lacey, who spend many months dealing with our questions, concerns, running errands, and purchasing supplies for our entire group.  He was always there to guide us so that we were prepared, and also stored Casper and unselfishly prepped it for the run, ignoring his own GT6 many times in the process.  Thank you Roy from all of us!!!  

First day back in the USA, is there any doubt what shirt I am wearing today?

To all the Team Torpedo members a huge thank you and well done. It would be great to see any of you back next year to do the RRBR . Driving on the other side of the road is really not that hard and quickly becomes second nature. Any way how does he know we are going the wrong way... He doesn't know where we are going...

The Spirit of Camaraderie on the 10 CR  is fantastic but it mainly stems from doing the RBRR which is a real 48 hr battle of will and also raises loads of cash for worthy causes. The Scottish roads are the equal of many seen on the 10 CR for natural beauty and the event is highly addictive. The next one will be my sixth !  

Thanks Again

Darren

7273 wrote:
   Thank you Club Triumph and everyone that participated for an amazing time.  Team Torpedo had the trip of a lifetime..we cannot stop talking about it.  Everyone was friendly, funny, helpful, and warm.  It is amazing how the Triumph margue attracts the same minded fun loving people the world around.   Most of us just got home today, but the 10CR will not be over for Team Torpedo until Casper (2000) and Rebecca(Dolomite) land in the states and make the last full days drive to the midwest, planned on the 24th of September. ......  
First day back in the USA, is there any doubt what shirt I am wearing today?

SO you get your cars shipped  across the Atlantic before I can get my broken GT6 back from southern France....

great to meet you guys, it was all very good fun. But I am very jealous that Libby go hold of one of your Team Torpedo key rings...

mike

I loved spending time with you guys and the list of my thank you's is large (hat picture soon).
My wife Diane loved spending time with you guys.
My daughter loved meeting you guys.
My neighbour Mick enjoyed seeing you guys.
My 70 + year old neighbour June is still talking about those "nice polite American boys" ;)

Just a little sad note though, the Maserati that some of you saw being prepared for the Revival at Goodwood lasted about 5 laps in practice and the driver stuffed it into the barriers causing a lot of damage, however he walked away.

Hope to see you all again.

• 2 weeks later...

royboy66 wrote:
I've just seen a message stating The white 2000 (Casper), and Blue Dolly sprint (Rebecca).

Have made it back to their new homes in Kentucky & Ohio ! (clap)(clap)

Blimey, that was quick!  I wonder if Mike has his GT6 back yet?  Or Andrew & Sarah their Stag?

What's happened to the other team Torpedo vehicles?

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:

Blimey, that was quick!  I wonder if Mike has his GT6 back yet?  Or Andrew & Sarah their Stag?

What's happened to the other team Torpedo vehicles?

Nick

NO Mikes GT6 is still in France and I don't expect to see it now until the end of next week... Not very happy. I am planning some contingency plans everything from taking a new diff and fixing it at the garage to hiring a transporter and going to get it...
I used DAS they have been ok, but its taking sooo long to get the car back and has cost me a lot of money so far..
The lesson learnt is to read the small print of the insurance policy!

Mike