Interesting or amusing stories from 2013

GreenV8Machine

Tristan and I spent some time touring Grenoble's red light district - does that count?

We totally misunderstood Ellis at the briefing and thought the new overnight halt was "just down the road" from the original one, still on the D512. Needless to say we couldn't find it.  Tristan had the idea of using the satnav to direct us up and down the road until we found it.  We went up and down it 3 times at slow speed, stopping every now and again to check side roads. There was somebody behind us in a car and they seemed very impatient, and he eventually passed us.

I commented that there seemed to quite a few young ladies around and they must be very cold, walking home from the clubs at 02:30 in such skimpy dresses; and why were they hanging around and not getting home more quickly? Then we saw Mr Impatient parked up talking with one of the "ladies" and the penny dropped!

Having kerb-crawled that road 3 times, stopping every now and again, it's a wonder that we didn't get arrested. My only defence is that I'm a simple country boy and only rarely venture into the big cities....

On the way down to Singen we encountered on the Saturday morning a convoy of classic sports cars, all with French/Belgian tags, rally plated up heading down the E25 motorway. Healeys,  Porsches, Ferrari, one of which was a D-type Jag which was pulling like a train as we accelerated through 5th in our WRX STi.

Amazing sound and great racing paint job on it. 8)

sparky_spit wrote:
Tristan and I spent some time touring Grenoble's red light district - does that count?
I commented that there seemed to quite a few young ladies around and they must be very cold, walking home from the clubs at 02:30 in such skimpy dresses; and why were they hanging around and not getting home more quickly? Then we saw Mr Impatient parked up talking with one of the "ladies" and the penny dropped!

Having kerb-crawled that road 3 times, stopping every now and again, it's a wonder that we didn't get arrested. My only defence is that I'm a simple country boy and only rarely venture into the big cities....

You wouldn't have got arrested Mike. It's legal out there. Erm...so I'm told.  :-/

I'm surprised at you kerb crawling with Tristan with you though. Weren't you worried he might have told Janice?  ;D

uksnatcher wrote:

Roger being the 'party guy' filled Ste full of NOS (nitrous oxide AKA laughing gas) and the results were similar.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd6ISAwdQ9g

;D ;D ;D ;D..... ;)

Nah, no NOS involved.........

Mike Charlton had just been telling jokes

(whistle)(whistle)(whistle)

We were driving to Dijon when we took a wrong turn and someone turned the car around to catch the exhaust on a raised curb. Well some 15 mins later traveling down a very bumpy road the exhaust came loose and began scraping on the floor.

We pulled up and lucky for us Howard was behind us, I jacked the car up to fix the broken exhaust bracket, Howard positioned his car behind ours turned his engine off and left his LED lights on for me to work with.

After I finished the bracket I was flummoxed with a sound of buzzing coming from the boot, so the boot was emptied out looking for the offending item.

The fuel pumps were disconnected and still the buzzing continued, I was baffled, well after nearly emptying out the whole car I found the offending item.

Si had an electric razor in his weekend bag at the rear of the passenger seat, this was on and buzzing away.

Problem sorted we continued on to Dijon racetrack. Fab night.

Rob

bobyspit wrote:
We were driving to Dijon when we took a wrong turn and someone turned the car around to catch the exhaust on a raised curb. Well some 15 mins later traveling down a very bumpy road the exhaust came loose and began scraping on the floor.

We pulled up and lucky for us Howard was behind us, I jacked the car up to fix the broken exhaust bracket, Howard positioned his car behind ours turned his engine off and left his LED lights on for me to work with.

After I finished the bracket I was flummoxed with a sound of buzzing coming from the boot, so the boot was emptied out looking for the offending item.

The fuel pumps were disconnected and still the buzzing continued, I was baffled, well after nearly emptying out the whole car I found the offending item.

Si had an electric razor in his weekend bag at the rear of the passenger seat, this was on and buzzing away.

Problem sorted we continued on to Dijon racetrack. Fab night.

Rob

That must have been a close shave! :B

• 2 weeks later...

bobyspit wrote:
I was baffled, well after nearly emptying out the whole car I found the offending item.

Si had his 12" black dildo in his weekend bag at the rear of the passenger seat, this was on and buzzing away.

Rob

Really......!!!  Havnt got my glasses on at the mo but ding dong boys.... :P