Official Club Triumph Event

Raider

:o I'm in - blimey they'll let anyone in here ;D
Just for info there are a whole buch of 10CR photos here http://www.canleyclassics.com/10cr/pics/
Like the mesage board, it's all a bit high tech for Club Triumph - well done whoever got it up and running :)
I now have the long distance Triumph driving bug - must shake it off or I'll never get my project finished!!

Just spent a happy lunch hour in the car park trying to balance the carbs! but it now seems No4 idle mixture screw has some effect on the running! and now it isnt over rich the smoke has gone(almost) all I can think is that something  blocked the passage (please no rubber glove jokes Graham!) between the progression/idle jet and the adjustment screw on the blast back down from Cumbria ??)

Martin,Danny from practical classics wants me to write a 150word  report on the event and the car anything you want mentioned?

on the report side - i'm writing for Triumph World for our charity and any bits, choice photos from anyone would be much appreciated:

graham.reeks@lsc.gov.uk

Also Classic Car Weekly should be featuring a post-10CR report, too. I'll let everyone know when it's coming out.

Remember that James Elliott of Classic and Sportscar mag. needs some photos and a brief article about 10CR. James is very interested in Club Tri. as he is a reg. RBRR  participant in his 2.5Pi mk.1 known as ' The beast'!

Andy P, good to know that you are entertaining your work colleagues with the pure sound of a 6 pot!

I'm getting a bit concerned, i'm thinking of going to look at a 2.5S saloon in Basingstoke tomorrow afternoon. Good trio of cars to have though, GT6, Dolly sprint and 2500S!

(Well done to keith for this  message group).

Regards,
Tim B

James Elliot must be the person who came up to me the weekend before 10CR and started talking to me (andy and I were showing the 2000 off and collecting sponsorship at Cadwell Park). If you want I can do this too, seeing as i'm doing about a dozen different reports (i.e. a dozen different introductions!)
The laptop will be taken home this weekend by the looks of it!
Someone hurry up and organise another trip ... i'm getting restless!!!

PS work has begun on AndyMac's TR6 ... he wants it rolling again before the 2000's back in Blighty

DAFT TROPHYS!
Met Ellis yesterday he gave me the remains of his cam follower I was going to polish it up and "mount it!" now now.... and make it into a bit of a trophy to be given out at some event or reunion...what should it be called do you think? I was also going to make one out of a burnt up spark plug,and  a MK1 head gasket!

:P  If you'll give a fighting chance I'll write a report, press release and just about anything else I can think of.
In the meantime Andy, please include the fact that this was originally a private proving run to gain info for a future Club triumph event - it just got a bit out of hand. It has now been adopted and will run in the year's when there isn't a RBR.
Stick any photo you like on there providing the person who took it hasn't got a problem with you using it.
You could also say anyone interested in the 2005 future event can contact CT's Copmetitons sec (that's me by the way!).
Oh - one other thing - I would recommend anyone interested should do the Round Britain Run first.

What about a best swimwear trophy, reckon I know who'd win that one.

Looks like we will have to organise a get together, how about near Coventry ,Spiritual home and all that and reasonably central. Spoke to Dave Pearson last night about this, he is looking into it?

Tim B

PS:Anyone up for a weekend driving in Central/North Wales during Nov.

::)  Does it involve swimming at all?

Maybe this discussion should transfer to another board (as in a drive in Wales not swimwear). Might be up for it or partly anyway - just depends on how the car is and what I have on at the time (Whether I am busy, not swimwear!).

Anyway, you are a fine one to talk Timbo - didn't see you exposing your manly body to the elements! ;D ;D ;D

• 10 years later...