Ten CR.....additional information

On this thread , anyone having any knowledge of anything , assistance, hindrance or things that could  help, prior to the Ten CR next September....please advise.
For example if you have any knowledge of local roadworks that would hinder the route to the ports(nearer to September of course).
As Colin has advise there is a change to the Dartford Crossing method of toll payment, so any one heading that way to any of the Southern ports, this may help:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dart-charge-dartford-crossing-remote-payment
So no fumbling in a queue for change..
Any information will be appreciated

• 2 months later...

Bill, You can pay over the phone or on line by midnight the following day at £2.50 per crossing although it's free after 10pm. You can set up an account (minimum £10) and you get a 30% discount on the crossings. If you don't pay you automatically get sent a fine, it's all done by ANPR (automatic number plate recognition). The authorities do say they'll be able to fine foreign registered vehicles as well however I wouldn't bet on that :-) ....

Bill

Get someone to add your car to their Pre-Pay account, will only cost you £1.66 that way.

I too do not beleive they will be collecting money from the overseas cars, unless they stand in the queue at the ports checking the details from the cameras.

I have been told there is a issue with the cameras working in heavy rain and fog, which is why they like you to also have a Dart-Tag, as that is RFID, so always works.

A pre-pay accounts covers all bases, if it does not read, you get a free crossing, if it does, they just take the money without you having to remember.

Cheers

Colin

Thanks, Note my car is registered in the UK with UK plates.  While I could register it with US plates that would cause problems with how long the car is in the UK.  So far I have only used the crossing 3 times and could have gone the other way round the M25.  If I am correct Andy and I will not use it for the 10CR.  In the past I found it quicker and less traffic when going from Bishops Stortford to Hove.  

Goody wrote:
Thanks, Note my car is registered in the UK with UK plates.  While I could register it with US plates that would cause problems with how long the car is in the UK.  So far I have only used the crossing 3 times and could have gone the other way round the M25.  If I am correct Andy and I will not use it for the 10CR.  In the past I found it quicker and less traffic when going from Bishops Stortford to Hove.  

Going anti clockwise,M25, the oute shows another 30 minute longer journey,double the cost in petrol,than paying the toll

Mike, having gone both ways, with traffic and construction seemed to take longer going anti clockwise.  Of course the construction before Heathrow is now complete.  Still (in October) some around the Potters Bar and Luton exits.  When Clive and I left Hove for the Plough for the RBRR we used the outercrossing.  However serious back up at the tunnel.  I HATE sitting in traffic!  Gerrrrrrrrrr!

Goody wrote:
Again Thanks, My car has been added to a account!  Is this a Great Club, Yes!  
I would have added it to my account Bill but glad you are sorted already!

We'll have to sort out route etc nearer the time but from Bishops Stortford to Chez Cookie it will be shorter distance around the west side of the M25 However it depends on the time of day as it does get pretty congested around the west nas you will have experienced on the last leg of the RBRR...

Andy No Problem, all you have to do is move to BS before the run.   Have no fear we will work out something.  Now I got to work out how to get the wife to and from Chris Allen's house as the wife's have something planned (Spend Way Too Much Money) while we are on the run.  Will be in England for about 2 weeks after the run as the friends who will be with us want to go to Cornwall, where Dr. Martin is filmed!  

Doc Martin is filmed in Port Issac. My ancestors on my Mothers side were Cornish and my Grandparents lived in Port Issac for a time between the 2 world wars. Took the kids down to Cornwall a couple of years backincluding a visit to Port Issac, we visited the Doc Martin sights and also found my Grandparents old house which is still there :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...