Ten CR ..Ferry arrangements

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July price is looking like £70 for Dover to Calais, so it'll be around that I'd imagine. The July price is for during the school holidays, you're going outside of that. When I went up to see that Benglish bloke I went into Dunkirk. It was more expensive than using Calais and took longer but what you saved in travel time and fuel made it work out about the same. Might be worth noting that the sat nav I bought for the 2009 10CR didn't have the new roads around the port.

I've been using the Stena Harwich - Hoek Van Holland route this year. Arrive Harwich late evening, couple of beers and superb night's sleep. Awake at the Hoek, disembark 8am. Outward night crossing would be too late for Aachen start. Or, the day crossing.

Fares are given for Sept 2015: 2 people and a car return day crossings £147, add £43 each way for cabin/night crossing. 150 miles from Aachen and 2hr 45mins away.

As Harwich is 15 mins from me I think I'll do that crossing. VR is it worth speaking to them?

GT6_Don wrote:
I've been using the Stena Harwich - Hoek Van Holland route this year. Arrive Harwich late evening, couple of beers and superb night's sleep. Awake at the Hoek, disembark 8am. Outward night crossing would be too late for Aachen start. Or, the day crossing.

Fares are given for Sept 2015: 2 people and a car return day crossings £147, add £43 each way for cabin/night crossing. 150 miles from Aachen and 2hr 45mins away.

As Harwich is 15 mins from me I think I'll do that crossing. VR is it worth speaking to them?

The advice is:
as previously stated ,any individual can make their own arrangements ,if that is what you would like to do.
The start of the event at 9.00 am on Thursday morning does not make the Hook crossing viable relating the times of arrival.
As I outlined in earlier posts ,all the timings of arrivals....Europoort/Hook/Zeebrugge ....would not give anyone the chance to arrive for 8.30 /9.00 briefings.............unless you travel out earlier......or miss the start and have to `gallop` to make up 2/3 hours after the event start
Returning would create no problems relating timings, as after the departure from Kerkrade ,your time is your own.
Please ,just wait to see what the offers are..............after all it is nine months away.........and then make your own mind up.
It may be ,that the negotiated offers might not come up to some individuals requirements or expectations
See next months exciting installment of Club Torque

Don,  

As Harwich is close to you an option may be to get the Harwich to the Hook day ferry the day before, this should be cheaper as you'll save the cabin fee and get a cheap hotel near Aachen for about the same price as a cabin that night so you are there ready for the morning departure.

• 4 weeks later...

In this month`s CT mag you will see a resume` of the ferry arrangements that we have been involved with relating the 10CR up to that point.
That was as we went to print mid December .
As the ...Club that does.....we have not stopped `doing`, and over the last week or so we have still been talking to the ferry organiser/operators.
For the benefit of new comers and a refresher for old hands, we used to have the benefit of an `open `ticket arrangement, whereby if we missed an arranged ferry time, we could get on to another ferry within a reasonable time frame with no added cost.
Those days have now gone , so I am advised, this looking like new security arrangements being put into place
We have also been trying to get a `group` deal that would get us lower costs....which has also hit a stumbling block
We have also been held up due to a major operator only just releasing September pricing structures
In the next few days we hope to finalise  the gathered prices and offers
Once the organisers have had discussions, we will release our findings on here
It may seem a long way off to the event, but time will fly by and the sooner these bookings are made the sooner we can all relax.
Once the mag has been posted and you have all read the `where we are now` scenario, you will then understand` where we need to be now`

Today's Euro is the 2nd lowest against the dollar that I have ever seen.  Today, 1.18, Best ever (that I have seen) 1.10  Pound is down also to 1.55.  Down about .35 since October.   Gas price down to just over $2 US dollar per gallon.  Down over $1.25 in the past year.  However I have not noticed the cost of anything else go down!

• 2 weeks later...

At last we have finally received the offers from ferry operators/agents giving CT the best deal to cross the channel.
Once a final clarification has been made tomorrow and the offers are backed up in writing, we the organisers, will be able to post here on the forum (and eventually in the next CT Mag) the best ferry deal available to us.
As advised previously we have been awaiting operators to produce price lists, make various offers with discounts and terms which were only finalised this evening.
Once discussed with Mike Helm, we will supply:-
Timings
Event code number
Options on flexi deal
Port of arrival/depart involving Dover
Costs

As advised previously......if anyone has the option/s to utilise shopping vouchers etc that betters our negotiations then it is down to the individual to make their own arrangements.
Please do not post on here anything that may confuse the issue by advising what individuals can obtain by utilising such vouchers. Not all can benefit by such arrangements
Please be assured, we have been negotiating for some considerable time to get the best possible for Club Triumph

Advice will be made in the next 48 hours    

This is the latest and maybe  final notification of achievements on the forum, relating the  ferry crossing
The next contact should be direct to individual entries and confirmed in the next issue of the CT mag
The contact detail/cost  will be advised and the `code` wording which will be needed when making a reservation

The prices have been finalised giving a generous discount and the route agreed

The posting relating a poll on a preferred route was advised it was not going to be protracted one as we wanted to get the agreements made asap, however it was showing that it was heading to a majority decision of sailing to and from Dunkirk

This is beneficial in a few ways as it would be;
easier/nearer to exit and head direct to the autoroute from the port
lower cost than going to Calais
there is ,to this date, ongoing lane closures on the dual carriageway between Calais and Dunkirk(as we experienced in 2013)

Once the organising team have ratified the agreement supplied then all will be revealed  

• 2 weeks later...

From the `Poll `thread
All

I have written an article for the magazine to make things clear, however as we may have to get on with making reservations I will scribe on here by Tuesday what the procedure will be.
The main part of the advice will be......"you must cross on the reserved ticket time"...."if you miss or can`t make the reserved time you must advise the agent and they will advise DFDS who will issue a new ticket" ...THIS IS DOWN TO NEW SECURITY ARRANGEMENTS
Once we/Team Co Ordin8 have received the first block bookings of 25.....the discount parameter..then if the odd one or two want to book on earlier or later sailings then this can be done
However it would be nice if we all made the same ferry

NOTE;.....some ferries prior to 14.00 and after 14.00 are already full..................yes its only January

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BOOK PRIOR TO TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY AS YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN THE NEWLY DISCOUNTED RATE

PS IF ANYONE WANTS ANY DEEPER CLARIFICATION PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME BY EMAIL  OR 07788911742
SEEING AS THE NEGOTIATIONS HAVE PRACTICALLY FINISHED I HAVE MORE TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS    

The following ,negates anything previously posted
I have , as promised received a totally new deal from Team Co Ordin8 today,  after their re negotiations with DFDS
The new offer ,covers the terms, timings, and prices
These will please everyone
The new prices have to be loaded onto Team Co Ordin8 `s computer tomorrow,WEDNESDAY, and once they have advised me that they are updated ,I will post on here  the new terms/timings/prices
PLEASE DO NOT RING THEM YET  UNTIL RATIFIED WITH MYSELF AND ADVISED ON HERE, AS THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR BOOKING DETAILS

As previous....if anyone still requires any assistance over this please do not hesitate to contact me

This has been a very lengthy negotiation/renegotiation , with the problems originating in DFDS`s head office
Please be aware the problems that arose, have not been anything of CT or Team Co Ordin8`s origination

Mike    

This time I do mean this.....
FINALLY the deal is now complete

The company Team Co Ordina8 are now open for business in taking your reservations for the Ten Countries Run
Further negotiations have taken place between us and there are some slight changes to our advantage

The procedures are :

Ring Team C Ordin8
Phone 01904 766787

info@teamcoordin8.co.uk
Ask for Dane /Donna give your name,car details and EVENT car number that you will see on the entrant spreadsheet, quoting Club Triumph Ten Countries Run
Select your sailing times of your preference on the Dover /Dunkirk/Dover routes
Priced at £62.00 return for car and crew
The `open ticket` has now been reinstated ....to a certain degree, whereby the following must be adhered to
You make your reservation as above, however if for any urgent or emergency reason you cannot make your reserved slot, you must still ring Team Co Ordin8 on the above number and they will advise DFDS.........however you retain your reservation number and keep the original ticket/paperwork......but no new ticket will be printed.
If you turn up at the check in and you have notified them via Team C Ordina8 the DFDS check will allow you to board the `next available` sailing with vacancies

I hope this now satisfies all our entrants, whereby you will be able to cross on the timing of your desire at a lower than originally quoted cost

Once again if you do need any clarification please do not hesitate to contact me