Bubble Car Museum

Darren Sharp

Hi all 

I am a volunteer at the Bubble Car Museum at Langrick near Boston Lincolnshire. Museum is open Fri- Sun 10-5 (last museum admittance 4pm) from Easter until November great nostalgic place not just for the Bubble cars but also of the era of they’re heyday with displays of 1950’s homes ,decor and domestic appliances. This is great for those with partners who are not so interested in cars as it’s very nostalgic of the era . There is also a camp site on the grounds for tents and tourers with electric hook up if required. Pop in if you are up this way . 

634A0985-E8A4-43B9-A4C5-3297B5D384F2.jpeg

Called in yesterday on our way home after few days visiting Lincoln. Bumped in to Andrew Dutton a Cambridge TSSC member in the carpark and then found Darren Sharp washing up in the café. A great little museum and a chance to have a natter with some other Triumph enthuses.

And Darren, Yes Jamie can put away food like it's going out of fashion and he is growing out of his clothes faster than a speeding Triumph. 

On 05/06/2021 at 08:31, Hogie said:

Although not a 'Bubble' car my first car type transport after my Lambretta was a Bond Mk F

Had it for 2 years and have very fond memories with it.

I can feel a day trip coming on.

Roger

One of my former colleagues had a Bond Minicar as his first car, the one where you had to kick start the engine. 

He went all over East Anglia and courted his future wife in it.

Different times!

43 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

One of my former colleagues had a Bond Minicar as his first car, the one where you had to kick start the engine. 

He went all over East Anglia and courted his future wife in it.

Different times!

I had the Mk F. It had a dynastart (halo) plus the kick start.  I keep thinking of getting another to bring back the memories  but it doesn't want to happen.

Roger