16th of March Dutch Nightrally (a.k.a Chinese rally)

GTRoger

I'm posting this on behalf of Julian, as he's not able to open a new thread.

Julian is now in charge for the Dutch March Nightrally, he also will be your contact if you would like to enter the event. 

Please do come, I can tell it's a lot of fun exploring the eastern part of the Netherlands in the dark! 

The 16th Nacht van het Oosten (Chinese) rally is being prepared as we speak.  The date is Saturday 16th March 2019.  Start and finish is the same as last year but the restaurant has a new name, Asian Spoon.  Details regarding the times and prices will follow shortly but for now those from last year, as in first post of this thread, can be seen as a guideline and probably won't be much different.

The format will also be the same with a Tour class of tulips with additional controls for those who feel inclined to do a bit more than just tulips and a Sport class with map reading and other forms of route plotting.  

During the closing of edition 2018 the organiser, Rutger aka Rallyman, had stated that he getting too busy with other projects and this one had to make way for others.  He put forward the suggestion that it could possibly picked up by someone else but there were no takers at the time.  Since then my good friend Joop (past participant) and myself have decided to keep the tradition going, or at least give it go anyway.  We will have some support for Rutger but the route itself will be generally our own doing.

Cheers and hopefully till March the 16th!  Julian Kuipers

Don, the event is open to anyone with the right spirit!  Bringing a Triumph is not a must but ideally a classic or sports cars is favourable.  A varied starting field is nicer than all of the same marque.

You mention the Motorcycle museum.... is that the one near Raalte?  if so, its a good hour or so drive from the this years starting location.  That said, lots of nice bikes there!

Julian

• 1 year later...
Quoted from Andy Rangecroft-
Quoted from Velocita Rosso-
Quoted from Andy Rangecroft-
Quoted from Velocita Rosso-

2020?

This year is March 14th. It's a Saturday as usual.. 

You going?

Not sure yet. If you want to see the web site it's link below. If I do go it will be in the TR4a.

https://www.triumph.nl/

Missed it for last few times due to severe bad luck, in many ways......may just make it this time

Hello Lads and Lasses!

Mr Bishop contacted me a few days ago regarding this years event, which as already mentioned is on Saturday 14th March.

Pretty much the same set up as previous editions.  Start and finish is at a Chinese Restaurant with around 180km of darkness ensured.  There is the base Tour class with a routebook of Tulip diagrams and the Sport class that is pretty much all map reading with the usual tricks such as barricades, drawn line and shortest route between arrows.

Currently the following links are available, unfortunately only in Dutch at present;

Event webpage: https://triumph.nl/nl/content/17-nacht-van-het-oosten

Entry form: https://triumph.nl/nl/content/inschrijven-evenement select event and click 'naar inschrijven'.

This may well be the last time this is organised by myself as unfortunately my health is failing.  However, I may get lucky and then the future may then be bright again.

I hope to see some of you soon!

Regards, Julian