Monte Classique 2021

Greta

Some of you may have read my article in Club Torque about Alek & I's adventure to Monaco this year. Michael Helm & Alex Flexney also enjoyed the event in their TR3A. Well, after the threat of withdrawing the Monte Classique in 2021 - Automobile Club D' Monaco are now exploring a new format with a start in Banbury, an opportunity to drive some of the Historique Rally Stages and finish in Monte Carlo. If interested please read info in the link below and forward your interest to Douglas Anderson. Eligible cars must be a model in production prior to 1966.

I'm happy to answer any questions here.

http://www.monte.scot/pictures/MONTE%20NEWS%20FLASH%20EXTRAJune%202020.pdf

undefined

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Regulations for Monte Clasique have now been published: https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/RMCC-REGLES_2021_2.pdf

Below a summary by UK leg co-ordinator Douglas Anderson & his contact details if you are interested.

Here is a draft summary of the itinerary. 

The concentration run will start on Saturday 30 January 2021 at around 11am from Banbury.  Day one of the concentration run will be in three sections ie Banbury to Dover; Calais to Reims; Reims to Langres.  There will be an overnight halt in Langres on Saturday night. 

Day two of the concentration run, Sunday 31 January, the route will continue on to Valence where you are invited to join the Historiques at the buffet in the marquee adjacent to parc ferme in the centre of Valence.

On Monday 1 February you will start the Common Route part 1 which goes in a loop from and back to Valence with four regularity sections. 

The overnight halt on Monday at Ibis Styles TGV is included in the ACM entry fee. 

On Tuesday 2 February you will go from Valence to Monaco with three regularity sections.  The overnight accommodation at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco on Tuesday and Wednesday is included in the ACM entry fee.  On Tuesday evening you are invited to the buffet at the quay adjacent to parc ferme in Monte Carlo where you will join the Historique crews. 

On Wednesday evening you are invited to the Prize-giving and Gala Dinner at the Sporting Club along with the Historique crews.  This is strictly a black tie affair.

There is an overall time schedule from Valence to Monte Carlo so that you reach the Passage Controls and the Finish at the scheduled time.  The regularity sections will not be timed as regularities.  

The Monte Start Committee will cover the cost of a twin/double room in Langres but you will be responsible for the first night in Valence (Sunday night).  There may be special deals at the Ibis Styles TGV.  I will find out what the arrangements are for this.  However ACM are now on holiday until the end of August.

All scrutineering and documentation checks for ACM will take place in Banbury on the morning of Saturday 30 January.

The online entries open on 24 August 2020.

I hope that this gives you a good idea of what you can expect if you enter the 2021 Classique, but please read the regulations carefully.

I you have any questions please do not hesitate to get back to me by email dglanderson1@yahoo.co.uk or phone 01382 731755.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Douglas Anderson

UK Co-ordinator

Rallye Monte Carlo Classique

Automobile Club de Monaco

Interestingly enough I enquired for the 2022 event, asking the ACM which of my cars they would be most likely to give an entry to;

65 Triumph Spitfire

’70 Porsche 914/6-GT

’77 Dolomite Sprint

they replied that “the committee would give preference to the Spitfire...”

• 2 weeks later...
Quoted from 65redspit-

Interestingly enough I enquired for the 2022 event, asking the ACM which of my cars they would be most likely to give an entry to;

65 Triumph Spitfire

’70 Porsche 914/6-GT

’77 Dolomite Sprint

Why not join us in 2021?

• 1 month later...
Quoted from 65redspit-

65 Triumph Spitfire

’70 Porsche 914/6-GT

’77 Dolomite Sprint

I wonder what they would say if I asked about such an ordinary car as my Landcrab NAM616G ........ ex 68 London-Sydney, 70 World Cup Rally, ........ and 69 Monte!!!!!  Pity I could not afford for us to go :-)

Maybe too young for the Classique - although each year there are cars younger than the cutoff that get accepted. You'd be very welcome on any of the Heritage Runs,
Have you discovered The Classic Marathon Group - in which Bron Burrell & her Land Crab are very active?