Replacement of rear, nearside outrigger...

Scimher

...A longer-range shot of the nearside floor area showing the removed piece of metal & the resulting access 'hatch'...

As instructed, I acquired a piece of plate about a foot square & about two to three millimetres thick for the necessary repair...That's where we're up to at the moment. More to follow...

(While I'm here would anyone have a reasonably priced steering rack - I lost out to one that has just been sold on ebay - I had put a bid on it & then forgot when it was finishing............It sold for 60p more than my bid - final price, 25quid!! Very annoying!) 

Quoted from Antonnick-

A steering rack for  a RHD drive ? - I think I have still got the old one somewhere in the hut when I replaced it with a LHD one. I will have a look and post a pic. 

Thank you very much, Antonia - that is very kind of you...

Well, as you may have gleaned from another thread, 'Little Sis' now has her trailing arm anchored & there is a heavily-reduced chance of me doing a 'Fred Flintstone' in the near future. Also, the driver's seat only seemed to be held in three places - not the front offside, so the constant movement created metal fatigue at the back, nearside anchorage point, adjacent to the transmission tunnel...

....Now for some rotary wirebrushing & some rust-inhibiting paint, etc....(Huge thanks to Mike for his herculean efforts!!)

• 5 months later...

During looking for the thread on hoods, I came across my thread on the repair in order that the 'trailing arm'(?) bracket could be safely re-attached, having pulled away due to (fortunately!) just local corrosion.....I noticed that I hadn't posted a picture of the front of the repair - so here it is......

P1010003 (3).JPG