Free: UNF nuts & washers, from surplus ‘stock’.

Ben Hutchings

I have quite a few UNF ‘nylon insert’ nuts (5/8, 3/4,  7/8) spare. Also have 5/16 light and heavy washers, and 6g x 1/2” self-tapers which are used with spire-clips for sidelights etc.

Why? Once upon a time I started a tiny business selling packs of fixings for restorations etc, and thence upon a time i stopped :) 

I’d rather they help toward someone’s maintenance or restoration than selling as a job-lot on eBay, so if anyone needs a handful, please let me know. Happy to send them if you pay postage, otherwise you’re welcome to collect from Cheltenham. 

Quoted from Matt George-

… a mixed bag of anything and everything would be much appreciated!

Sorted! 👍🏼

Quoted from TedTaylor-

I could do with more for the restoration ...

I live in the Forest of Dean ...

Ah shame Ted, we were in the Forest yesterday for a walk. I’ll put a selection aside and you can let me know when you’re around. 

Where did you go Ben? 

We live in Sling near Coleford and Gordon Townley who is in charge of the Wydean Group (meeting tonight - Tuesday) is just outside Cinderford.

We are going to Stratford this Sunday just in case you will be there but no great rush for them at the moment.

MUT

Quoted from TedTaylor-

Where did you go Ben? ... We are going to Stratford this Sunday just in case you will be there

We went to Cannop so our 2-year-old could get thoroughly soaked jumping about in streams and muddy puddles! Massive thunderstorm included! 

I won't be at Stratford so I'll put some bits in a bag and if we're near again I'll let you know, or meet up when you're in Churchdown. By the way - unrelated - we went to the Jet Age museum on Saturday, a stones-throw from Churchdown, near Staverton Airport. It's free and well worth a visit next time you're in the area if you haven't already. 

We had the same thunderstorms - stopped me doing some work on one of the Triumphs!

If you looked across the airfield from the Museum you will see an older housing estate - and you can see the house I was born in!  We used to go thorough our boundary hedge and watch car sprinting taking place on the boundary runway in the 1950s 😄

MUT

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello  Really nice offer Ben,  puts my faith back in human nature again.  Just about to start on a mk 3 spitfire, so would be pleased to receive anything you have spare  - Will need postage as i live in scotland.  how do you want to sort this?

thank you

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 19/10/2021 at 19:50, Ben Hutchings said:

Ok @Spider and @Topic63 I'll have a look tomorrow, I'm pretty sure there aren't loads left, most if not all Nuts and Washers. Would you both DM me your addresses please. 

Cheers. 

Hi Ben. It’s a long shot, but do you still have anything left over? If so, I’d be interested.

Thanks

Matthew