Quoted from McJim Too-

The only reason Michael likes the Forum is that it is slow enough for him to post his replies using the Royal Mail.😏

I don't think that in 2019 it is too much to ask to be able to click on a new page on a website and for that page to appear within a second or so.

Anyhow, even if someone had a spare engine, by the time it got up here, the garage would be closing for the holidays.  Thanks for the offer anyway.

The Spitfire has a good engine full of new parts, pity about the bottom end.

I will really miss being on the Border Raiders and have been looking forward to it for months, as has Katy.

It would have been great to meet up with you lot again and share a pint or two.

There's no better crew that you Pendle and Pennine reprobates.

I'll be thinking of you all while the Border Raiders is on and remembering our good friend Martin who we all miss.

Rest assured, I'll have my entry in for the 2020 Border Raiders.

This was to be my big outing in the Spitfire this year but now I'll have to wait till La Carrera Caledonian when Katy and I go up against the Caledonian Sleeper from Euston to Edinburgh next June.

Jim.

When are we golng to have a MC Jim Scottish raid from them down south,or what ever you. Call us,regards Michael.PS  have been our the channel to fit tr3 engine,could travel over the border to fit spitfire engine, if you lift the ban you gave me?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

You could try La Carrera Caledonian next year - not far to the start from your house.

However, smuggling Lambrini over the border and caught wearing a "See You Jimmy" hat and ginger wig along with tartan trousers counts for a lifetime ban.

Once we get independence and can close the border, I can sleep easy at night!

Jim.

We have to cancel our participation due to illness. 
Very sorry for this as I have enjoyed last years Border Raiders a lot and was looking forward to this one. Packed the TR4 full with spares and tools (remembering our mishap with a faulty rotor arm last year) so was all ready to go.

Maybe next time, wishing you all a very good weekend.

Thanks to Chris, Mick &  Mike and all teams for another great tour. Nuala & JJ ( the little green Spitfíre) made it safely home through spectacular thunderstorms ... And looking forward to some spannering.

I can't remember who offered me a spare diff but please if you read this - get in touch.

see you all next year?

May I please echo Nuala's and Mikes's comments . . . .

This weekend's Border Raiders was the third one in which Mary & I have entered, and each one has been better than the previous one.  We really enjoyed traversing several "drivers" roads over some remote areas - fantastic!!

Very many thanks to the organising team of (in no particular order) Mik, Mike & Chris.  We really enjoyed the weekend in the company of so many like minded crews.

Now home safe & sound (not on the back of a lorry this year!) 758 miles after leaving home on Friday.

Many thanks to all the crews who made this year's raid another success. Another great route from the routemeister Mik Davies, particularly loved the second days blast over the moors.

If anyone wants a 2019 Raiders polo shirt please let me know. We also have a few extra routebooks and fridge magnets for anyone who wants one.

A short breather for the organising team and then on to 2020!

Chris

Thanks Chris, another brilliant event organised by you, Mike and Mik.  The route was superb, both days had excellent driving roads - you even arranged a safety car to stop us getting too enthusiastic on Saturday afternoon!

As an aside I've started toolbox preparations for the 10CR

Quoted from richard w-

Thanks Chris, another brilliant event organised by you, Mike and Mik.  The route was superb, both days had excellent driving roads - you even arranged a safety car to stop us getting too enthusiastic on Saturday afternoon!

As an aside I've started toolbox preparations for the 10CR

For getting the last drop of coffee out of the flasks?

This is our third Border Raiders, so decided to use the Estate for this one and give the 2dr a well earned rest after her 4280ks run to France in June.

Many thanks Chris, Mick and Mike for another great event, so good in fact have entered next years Border Raiders 😉..............As soon as the entry forms come out 🙄

Some nice pictures there Pete, loved Baboon Butt 🤣