• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My entry is in.

I first did the RBRR in 2000 in my P-reg Mimosa yellow Sprint. That car has been off the road for a few years now and is currently a rolling shell in my lock-up. I decided it was about time to re-commission it and what better reason/time than for the 25th anniversary/50th year of the RBRR. So, it's LVJ on the entry form and my good lady as co-driver. However that will mean no pork and apple pies at Pimperne, might have to re-think that one ! 😀

I was in Warwickshire yesterday valuing three particularly nice members' cars. On returning home I found the November mag on the door mat - super edition yet again Dale. I copied the RBRR entry form, completed it and stuck in in the post (with cheque of course). No collection until Monday so by the time Jason gets it I will probably be entry 50 or thereabouts! All being well this will be my 21st start in the 4A and this year I am once again teaming up with Mike Hockaday, a veteran of 13 Runs together, with 12 finishes. No, it wasn't unlucky 13th, our one failure (and the last RBRR DNF for my car) was in 1982 . I calculate that next October Mike will equal dear Les Mills's record for the number of RBRR starts by a co-driver. In fairness though Les did finish all of his!

Tim  

Entry is in the post box winging it's way to Mr Chinn, Team "Flying Log" rides again.

We have had a slight change of line up and as it's essential to have a musical expert on the team we have substituted Classical Singer Bodders with Rock Guitarist Mark Smith.

That was sooner than I expected, I thought it would be another week until the entry opened.  I still need to persuade Enzo that, yes he really does want to spend another 48 hours in the car with me! Never fear though, Byron is lined up as reserve co-driver (or we might always end up as a 3)

11 months to go!