• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from ferny
I can't believe you've robbed us of the ritualistic moans about the route from Didcot to The Plough! >

I can assure you that you can still moan as Knebworth can be reached from Didcot, via A34 / M40 / M25 / A1M  if you chose to stick to a "traditional route" - all you miss is the last free flowing section to the Plough if you go that way 😀

I know we can do it using personal banking but it represents a clear risk to the club to have funds sloshing around outside of Club Triumph Ltd - I would not be happy to take that risk - RBRR is non-trivial amounts, we get upto 275 people at £100 each - that's over £25k going through a personal account. That sort of thing attracts tax interest.
Now I'm not going to waltz off with £25k but say my bank account gets hacked and the cash disappears, or I lapse into my cider dependency days - the Club could falter as a result.
Even online banking isn't the only answer - image having to check for funds appearing in an account for 130 entries, some not appearing for days - bit of a nightmare
At least with cheques we can physically see it's paid - the number of rubber cheques is very small, we used to get the odd one but in recent years it's not been an issue.

Quoted from mikew

I can assure you that you can still moan as Knebworth can be reached from Didcot, via A34 / M40 / M25 / A1M  if you chose to stick to a "traditional route" - all you miss is the last free flowing section to the Plough if you go that way 😀

Mike your epic drive from Didcot to the plough in 2014 will go down in RBRR folk law .....

I didn't suggest it went into a personal account! It could be paid directly into the CT account, and if that had E-banking then periodically someone could check from the club. Surely less effort than sorting huge piles of cheques etc?

Anyway, it makes no real difference to me about entering an event. If the payment method upsets anyone that much they clearly can't be serious about it.

Clearly if we ever went to online entry payments these would need to be into a CT account. However, I would strongly advise sticking to cheques for as long as we can. Sue and I manage a block of just 30 flats. This involves collecting insurance once a year and maintenance charges twice. About half the leaseholders choose to pay by direct transfer and despite repeated exhortations we always get one or two payments coming in that are not identified, involving several phone calls to sort. With the number of individual payments we could expect for an RBRR I can confidently predict a nightmare!

Tim

Quoted from Shed 1969

Mike your epic drive from Didcot to the plough in 2014 will go down in RBRR folk law .....

Not something I would care to repeat, there's a battery box for a large battery going into the boot soon, with heavy duty cabling back to the Starter / alternator etc, and a new larger alternator.  I need the space under the bonnet for an air intake duct to the airbox and Jenvey throttle bodies 🙂

Unfortunately I can't work on the entry list on my work laptop as the security settings prevent me getting to Google Drive or my personal email account. Through a little lateral thinking I can however share the bare bones entry list. This was updated yesterday with all the forms I'd received, there may be more on the door mat today

I'll be at the NEC on Saturday if anyone wants to hand me an entry form.

Entry Number     Entrant Name
1     Carl Sharespeare
2     Mark Bulford
3     Mike Weaver
4     Roger Keys
5     Francis Moll
6     Andrew Moll
7     Andy Roberts
8     Dave Ashe
9     Ashley Mills
10     Danny Baker
11     James Cooper