6.Tim Bancroft/TBA: GT6 Mk2
7.Doug Foreman/Colin Jenner: GT6 Mk3
8.David Kent/TBA: 2000 Mk2 3.5L

Cheers
Tim B

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone is suggesting a dip in the sea at John O Groats and if they are you can count me out!

As a result SPEEDOS will not be relevant  :D

Regarding Mr Nutter's point - yes, the list does look good, especially numbers 1 and 2.  ;) ;)

My devious plan to get more TR7s is going to work as well I reckon - it's just a race against time to fill up the entry list with as many TR7s as possible.  ;D ;D ;D

;D Nice to see that the Lincolnshire Gang have 2 cars entered already, not bad to say there is only 15 members in the County!! and 3 of the entrants were in the first car back RBRR 2002 just before a certain TR7 16V, (but it's not a race) :D

Does anyone check the safety of the cars entered into this thing? I'm not sure whether that 2.0l Spitfire should be allowed. I reckon i know that Nick Dawes fella, and i've heard he sells dodgy motors! ;) As for a Herald 1147 - there's no way that'll get round in one piece! Ha! :o

There'll be another on its way Day Tripper ... as soon as the Xmas money is collected!

:P :P  Sounds as though Mr Greeks is a little envious of the 2.0l topless number...  Everyone knows all PROPER cars don't have roofs !!!  Anyway, what bag of nails are your hacking round Britain in then ???  ;D

Oh, and the car wasn't 16v last year, hence I let you get away (not to mention getting boxed in at Fleet for 5 minutes >:( - d'oh) !!!  But of course it isn't a race !!!    ;)

The options are:
GT6 mk3
The 'worksalotbetter' with a 2.5 ... but no bumper any more  :o
TR6 pi
Or, any other ridiculous project Andy might have finished - which could be ... Spit Sprint, Spit twin-cam 16v, Spit V8 or ... wait for it Raider - TR7 V8efi (fhc)

My money's on the pure comfort and layed back chic of the worksalotbetter at the moment, however.

Quote:
wait for it Raider - TR7 V8efi (fhc)

Whe - hey!

Now we are talking - A proper TR7 V8, with fuel injection too! ;D ;D

I am so jealous :o :o

Is it a "worksalike"?  What about a bunch of 4 cibies on the front in a 2 up 2 down formation?
Oh, and miniltes too? ;D ;D ;D

I am so excited I am going to have to go over to the TR7 section and see if there is something I can comment on there or maybe start a new thread. ;)

At present it's just a BRG fairly tidy bodyshell, cling-wrapped and hidden at the back of a container with various engines, gearboxes etc, surrounding it. There are some monstrous compomotive alloys that used to be on a TR7. I think certain parts have been shot-blasted though so it's more than just a flight of fancy. :D

Sounds interesting..... ;) and good to see you involved in preparing a PROPER car :P. It's a shame :'(, when I was at Beaulieu a couple of months ago, I almost picked up a set of original works Minilites (skinny fronts and big f*** off :o rears). I didn't think they'd suit the DHC, but a works replica FHC.... Hmmmmm !!!!  ;D 8) ;D 

Latest entries:
9.Martin Simmons/Dave Smyth/Dave Marten: Triumph Dolomite SE
10.Lester French/Dave Langrick:Triumph 2000 MK1 (2500)
11.Steve Bosworth/Dave Bosworth/Chris Walsh: Triumph 2.5PI MK2.

Already 27% of entry in big saloons.

Reckon entries will slow down now as Xmas upon us. Hopefully get going in new year.

Many regulars missing at present.

Cheers
Tim B

3 more entries over the weekend:
12.Bob and Shani McDay/George Simpson: Triumph 2500S
13.Keith Bennett/TBA: Triumph TR4A
14.Russell Banyard/David Sadler:Triumph 2000 MK2 Estate.

Umm, 35.7% Big saloon entry, funnily enough still only 2 TR7s. Would be nice to see more proper TRs!!!!

61 entries left.
Tim B

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
Umm, 35.7% Big saloon entry, funnily enough still only 2 TR7s. Would be nice to see more proper TRs!!!!

The big saloons are ideal cars for this type of event Tim. You get a 3 man crew in no problem and there's room to sleep!  Even I would accept these are advantages over a TR7, let alone a GT6.

There's only 2 of those so far as well I note - but at least they are crewed by excellent chaps! ;)

Some more proper TRs -   mmm. I'll ignore that one but do agree it would be good to see some more TR4s etc ( I presume this is what you mean and not Marina Coupes!). No Stags yet either, or Acclaims as Mr Nutter pointed out.

And what about the Canley Classics entry - what is that going to be? ;D

3 more entries:
15: David Marshall/Colin Marshall: Triumph 2000 MK2
16:Andrew Rowson/Malcolm Price: Triumph Spitfire 1500
17: David Gapp/Paul Gapp:Triumph Herald 1200

This equates to 23% of the entry!
Entry still has 8 months to go.

Model ranges breakdown:
Big Saloon:6
Herald based:6
Dolomite:2
TR:3

Newest car:Spit 1500
Oldest Car:2000 Mark 1

Keep 'em comin'.
Tim
PS How do you lose the faces! Capital D and I get a face!!!!

Archived