• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got my ride for the RBRR with Dave in the Canley Classics entry. This time we're doing it in real comfort - we're taking one of Dave's specials.
It's a bit of an interesting beast, an experimental 2000 shell with a TR8 3500 V8 in it, built by the factory. In true Pearson style this was his daily driver a few years back but it was taken off the road for a little work - several years later it's in the museum. Everytime I saw it I asked "When are we going to take this out and frighten people with it?"
So what do you call it I wonder? Dave says he's put the entry in so is it listed as TR8 4 door or Triumph 3500 or 2000 Mk3 or maybe just V8 Saloon - one thing for sure, the car is branded into Dave's psyche as the one that you can get sideways off the line and still be sideways 100 yards down the road - I like it already.
Just needs to be finished with a radiator, and some minor bits, like a gear lever. Oh, and it needs an exhaust making too. Third crew member to be advised.
As you can see here http://www.canleyclassics.com/museum.asp?article=v8saloon.xml Canley Classics have a few of these off tools specials - I think Claire (Dave's wife) has one as a daily driver.

J
;D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I woudl like to think that I will get the crew organised again, beasting them to keep to the preparation schedule and leaving on time in good order - of course I;d be wrong but then it wouldn't be the first time! Has Dave even sent the entry form in yet?? ::)

Right the full entry as at last night:
1.Ellis Stokes/Keith Compton-Bishop:Triumph TR7 16V DHC
2.Martin Randle/Andrew Bishop: Triumph TR7 FHC
3.Nick Dawes/Adam Kerfoot-Roberts: Triumph Spitfire Mk.4(2000CC)
4.Andrew & Sarah Johnson: Triumph Herald 1200 Saloon
5.Andrew & Tina Lacey: Triumph Dolomite Sprint
6.Tim Bancroft/Darren Reynolds: Triumph GT6 Mk.2
7.Doug Foreman/Colin Jenner: Triumph GT6 Mk.3 (2500CC)
8.David Kent/TBA: Triumph 2000 Mk.2 (3500CC)
9.Martin Simmons/Dave Smyth/Dave Marten: Triumph Dolomit SE
10.Lester French/Dave Langrick: Triumph 2000 Mk.1
11.Steve Bosworth/Dave Bosworth/Chris Walsh: Triumph 2.5PI Mk.2
12.Bob & Shani McDay/George Simpson:Triumph 2500S
13.Keith Bennett/TBA: Triumph TR4A
14.Russell Banyard/David Sadler: Triumph 2000 Mk.2 Estate
15.David Marshall/Colin Marshall: Triumph 2000 Mk.2
16.Andrew Rowson/Malcolm Price:Triumph Spitfire 1500
17.David Gapp/Paul Gapp: Triumph Herald 1200
18.Chris Gosling/Mark Viner/Glen Waddington: Triumph Dolomite Sprint
19.Alex Chandler/Gwaredd Steele: Triumph Spitfire 1500
20.Mike Sloan/Kate Sloan: Triumph TR4
21.Robin Hallam/Nigel Gair/Andrew Gamble: Triumph 2.5PI Mk2
22.Andy Pearce/Ben Hobson: Triumph GT6 Mk.3
23.Guy Singleton/Suzie Singleton/Larry Bishop: Bond Equipe Estate

Good spread of RBRR regulars, first timers and the different Triumph Models.

Mr Raider/TR7 Nutter: Note more GT6s than TR7s

Could any entrants who have not already done so please send a pic. of their car to Keith Bennett.

Anyrate very encouraging, as I always say: GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!!!!!
Tim Bancroft

2 more entries:

24.Steve Waddingham/Will Green: Triumph Spitfire 1500
25.Graham Ramsay/Robert Fitter: Triumph GT6 Mk1

Umm! that'll be 4 GT6's so far.

So we have reached 1/3 of entry, fantastic.

Also received about 10 enquiries from non-members, including group of 4 TR owners who hope to participate.

If anyone wants to know more about the RBRR please seek me out on the CT stand. Hopefully I will spend all day talking about the RBRR.

Keep them coming!
Tim B

Quoted from TR7Nutter :o I haven't seen any Acclaims in yet  :o  Come on Caroline, get that baby seat in the back of Rupert !!!  ;D

We're working on it!! Rupert's missing a MOT at the mo and currently has a full exhaust system in him waiting to be fitted under him.

When I get my bonus at work, we'll get the entry in!

Caroline

• 2 weeks later...

Latest entries as of today as follows:

28.Michael Helm/Gillian Helm: Triumph TR6
29.Ian Perry/Charlene Gibson: TBA
30.Craig Bennett/Alan Chatterton: Triumph 2500S Estate
31.Rob Swift/Mark Deacon: Triumph Vitresse MK2
32.David Jenkins/Jessica Jenkins: Triumph Herald 1200
33.Dave Kirk/Kelvin Jones/David Carter: Triumph 2.5Pi Mk2

That leaves 42 places left, which considering that there is still 6 months to go before the entry list closes is very good. So yet again I must say that if you intend to enter do not delay. An interesting fact is that I am receiving at least one enquiry a day about the event all from Triumph owners that have not done the event before, also alot of the confirmed entrants are new members to the club.

• 1 month later...

3 more entries,  a sorted Herald 1200, a superb TR5 and a 2.5Pi GT6, details to follow.

Hopefully a couple of entries to arrive in the next day or so, expected to be a Vitesse and a 1500TC, oh yes and Roger Key's orange 3.5V8 big estate!

It's hotting up, roll on October!

Tim B

Recent entries:
45.Dale Barker/Brian Maslin Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible
46.Karl Dandridge/Keith Dandridge Triumph GT6 MK.3
47. Michael Craker/TBA Triumph 1500TC
48.Richard Brake/Alsion Brake/Robin Upton Triumph 2.5Pi Mk.2
49. Derek O'Reilly/Michael Theodosi/William Hannon Triumph 2500TC
56. Doug Crutchfield/Mary Crutchfield Triumph TR5

That's 66% of entry!

Keep them coming!
Tim

Just got in from the Pendle and pennine meeting and can confirm that Rupert the Acclaim should be amongst the starters on this year's RBRR. ;)

Barry said something about the Mrs not being on the case and getting the entry sorted out. :o

For 10CR veterans you will be glad to hear that Quentin may be part of the team too :)

Recent entries:

50. Richard Stubbs/TBA. Triumph Vitesse. Mk.2
51. Malcolm Paris/Steven Brown. Triumph TR7 V8 DHC
52. Darren Sharp/Gart Bridel. Triumph Spitfire 1500
53. Carl Shakespeare/Beckie Glover. Triumph Dolomite Sprint
56. Doug Crutchfield/Mary Crutchfield. Triumph TR5 Pi

That leaves just 22 places left.

Of these recent entrants, Richard did the last one in Graham Ramsay's GT6 mk.1 (Entrant no. 25 this time), Malcolm and Darren are new to the event-so welcome along to you both. Carl has done the last 2/3 in his Yellow Sprint-again welcome.

Great interest and demand for places on the event, so i'll say it again: Don't Delay!

Tim

Cheers Jason!

Only 175 days to go!

By the way I have just bought a 1969 2.5Pi mark one, slate grey, interesting red interior, runs on HS6's, J type overdrive, full length Webasto, on TR6 steels, does the ton. Has wooden brakes, a wheel bearing to be done and some attention to the clutch! However you can't beat the old six cylinder noise, comparable performance to my Mondeo 2.0.
This will be used for next years 10CR

I'll post a couple of pics. on Tuesday. There is now no doubt in my mind that this Triumph interest is a disease! Steve Waddingham's 'Triumph Anomymous' has failed.

Lovely! I'd like to see some pictures of it - I like the red interior (is it leather or vinyl?) and the slate grey paint, probably my favourite colour scheme for a road car. Any plans to reinstate the PI? You know you want to :-)
Where did you find it? Mk1s are getting rare, Mk1 PI's were never that common in the first place!
Well done in keeping the faith. By the way, I heard you had fun on the track in the GT6 - I  wish I'd been there now!

Archived