walked in house last night at 1745 hrs. Entry was filled in, photocopied and posted by 19.15 hrs. This incuded having a curry and organising a few swifties down the 'office' to dicsuss entry etc. 
gentle arm twisting over a couple of pints may result in further entries........

can't wait , all roads lead to the Plough ..!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope mine gets there in time! Looks like everyone's getting their entries in VERY quickly!

I've had to leave the co-driver details as TBC for now, but I've emailed my mate in Staines, who is contemplating buying a TR6. I'm hoping the event will inspire him. He has previously owned 911's, Golf VR6's, Honda S2000, etc (now you know why electrucians are so b****y expensive!)

Quoted from jcarruthers
You have ages to find one...

True, but in my experience, 'ages' has a nasty habit of creeping up on you, and suddenly mutating into 'OMG! It's next week, and I still haven't got it sorted! What am I going to do!'  :o

Entry's on its way, anyway ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a co-driver (unless you're billy-no-mates). Anyway, I think someone is starting a reserve co-driver list for people in this situation... Maybe you could ask Quentin to put an ad in Club Torque? (afer all, not ALL members read the forum, and there's bound to be a few TR7 enthsiasts who don't want to put their own vehicle through the strain of 2000 miles in 3 days...)

Oh, I'm sure I'll find someone, it's just a case of finding somebody that:

A. Is sensible and mature enough for me to be able to trust them

B. Is stupid enough to think that this is actually a good idea :P

C. Has no unpleasant odours or personal habits (the TR7 cockpit is quite small :-/)

I've asked a couple of people already, but their initial responses of '2000 miles? In a weekend? Are you mad?' were not too encouraging!

the search continues......

Archived