• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoted from RumPith

Your husband's girlfriend? You obviously have a very "open" relationship!!!

NO!!!!!! The "Third Persons" girlfriend - I should be so lucky that somebody would take Nigel off my hands! His head is buried that often under the bonnets of various triumphs that I find it hard to remember what he looks like...

I know it's a long way off yet, but I've been thinking about stickers (the official RBRR one AND sponsors' stickers), and I'm not entirely happy about putting them on my gleaming new paintwork...

I found THIS link to a company which sells 0.85mm vehicle grade magnetic sheet in a 10m x 630mm roll for £99

I'll stick the stickers to this, and then they can just be placed on the car magnetically.

I don't think I'll need all 10m, so I may be selling some off if anyone's interested!

Jon,

We have not had problems before with stickers peeling the paint off the car. However I would do as James suggests- this always works. If not happy why not afix using masking tape- £99/roll seems a bit dear.

Sticky issue for the club this, we always stste that we can not accept liability and that entrants stick them on at their own risk.

Granted, but I won't need all 10 metres, so if I can flog some to others, it won't be too expensive. If I use £5 worth for each sticker, and I have 3 stickers, that's £15. I value my time at around £50 per hour, so if removal of stickers takes 6 minutes each it will have been worthwhile...

In addition, I'll be able to keep the stickers on my fridge afterwards for posterity!

Tony,

Entry closes on 31/09/06. We have limited the amount of cars/crews that can take part to 90. This does exceed the previous best by some margin, however the interest in the RBRR seems very high. To get 90 crews will be a fantastic effort especially as the cars are starting to get very old, we reckon on a attrition of about 10% once the Run has started.

After 90 crews have entered we will operate a reserve list, which is simply first come first served, no one on the reserve list has ever not started the event. We will get about 5-10 crews that will pull out before the event, if crews pull out before the 31/08/06 they get a full return of their entry money.

The limit of 90 crews is simply because  the hotels at LE and JOG cannot cope with more, also parking at 'The Plough' at the start would become very difficult- reckon getting 90 cars in there will be a squeeze.

I look forward to receieving your entry. In my opinion the RBRR is the best Triumph event- to see 60-70 odd Triumphs driving around is superb, a sight I for one never get tired of seeing.

Tim

Archived