I have had all the discussions with my wife and we have decided that we will back for another try in the 2006 RBRR.  I have discussed this with my past co-driver Blake Discher and he has agreed to help out and has made his flight arrangements for the trip.  So with that, we will be shipping the 68 GT6 back to Southampton in September for this great event.  Our registration will be forthcoming. 

We will keep you posted on our progress.  See you then.

PB

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot McJim is coming down from Glasgow to do the RBRR with me- Scotland's a foreign place, so he will qualify as a far away entrant.

Just got another entrant- that'll be the 24th then, amzing response so far. Looked through last times entrants, reckon a good fifty regulars yet to enter.
All I can say is once Xmas is out of the way members who intend to enter had better not hang around!

Quote:
Forgot McJim is coming down from Glasgow to do the RBRR with me- Scotland's a foreign place, so he will qualify as a far away entrant.

"Awaanbielyerheidyabampot!"

And we speak a foreign language too! ;)

Don't forget, all those of you who are doing the RBRR for the first time, that the Customs Post on the border at Carter Bar on the A68 closes at midnight - just like the Swiss on the 10CR.

I'll also be able to offer a reasonable exchange rate for your Bank of England notes for Scottish bank notes too - plus a small commission for myself.

Is it any wonder that Scots make good entrepreneurs?

Just have your immunisation papers ready for inspection at the border too.

You won't get in unless you have had injections for Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Measles, Diptheria, Hepititus A and B, Cholera, Malaria, Influenza and most important of all, a Senzahoomer injection, something we find severely lacking in our English neighbours.

There's a weel kent saying up here that "the only good thing that ever came out of England - was the road to Scotland!"

Not that I'm saying you won't be made most welcome - just try and lose some of your more plummier accents, especially when near Glasgow.

Well now I'll say cheerio in that traditional Scottish manner .....

"Yerbumsamoutrawindae!"

You can tell it's Friday. :P

both my cars have passed their mot. so entry form on its way. entered dolly 1500 as i know it more than my sprint. but might swap to sprint if it proves itself  to be as reliable as 1500 over next few months. getting sponsor. and evening paper is going to do editorial on the run and tell people where to send donations.  is it best for donations to go directly to ct or to evening paper then send to ct all together.

Tony,
It will be good to get your entry in.
Please do not panic too much about bringing loads of spares, careful thought is needed, but its morelikely that a small part will fail.
Good idea to liase with owners of similar cars if bringing bigger parts- no point for example every Dolly driver taking a water pump etc. Once entered contact me and I can give e-mail addesses of all similar car entrants to enable crews to mail and discuss.

Current entry is as attached.

Quote:
Having just browsed the entrants list there is no Martin Randle!  That can't be right?

How kind of you to say so Malcolm.

I am just a bit involved with the car itself for the moment and I would like to get it back painted, with a brake wobble issue resolved, roll cage fitted and the oil leak fixed. When all that's done the entry will go in (or before if it looks like I might miss out!).

Gosh, better get my skates on! We will be using my newly-restored Del Lines "Stag Saloon", Janey, for the 2006 event, I sincerely hope the engine's back in by then! I live near Reading, and have done 8 previous runs (84, 86, 88, 94, 96, 98, 02, 04). The other crew mwmbers are from Maidenhead (2 previous runs) and Edinburgh (3 previous runs). In the past the car of choice (i.e. the one with the most entries) has tended to be the big saloon, in all its variants; I wonder whether that will be the case for the 2006 event?

Archived