• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Breaker, breaker for Rubber Duck.  Looks like we got ourselves a convoy!"

By the time you got to pick it up, had all the big ones gone? ;)

And just how many Americans did you annoy by holding them up on your caravan holiday?

Just the kind of holiday that wives love, no rest from housekeeping and a mobile kitchen sink!

Are you sure that you'll be allowed out to play on the RBRR, Jason?

McJim.

It's my parent's rig - being something like a 7 litre diesel turbo the thing pulls like a train, I did 65 most places - unfortunately it stops like a train too!
The facilities are good but we ate out most of the time and when we didn't, I cook :-)
RBRR will be strictly burgers, fry-ups and flatulence!
I'll be there, collected the last of my plumbing supplies today and fitted the fuel lines in properly - well using 1000 psi burst Aeroquip hose, proper fittings etc - I've sorted out the cooling coil, bigger bore fuel lines and everything else. The car needs an oil change, filter and a check on those receding valves and she's good to go - maight just chuck some valve master in and cross fingers!

Hmm, not even thinking about RBRR in too much detail yet. Too much to do before then. Including trips to both Scotland and Cornwall. Come to think of it, I did the section through Wales a couple of weekends back too!

the fever is spreading fast in Nottm.
At the meeting last night Myself , Frenchie ,James S, Tom , Matt, Claire and Nigel,
Talk of nothing else. car progress , crew , what drugs to take to stay awake ., what drugs to feed cars, hellfire.
Car 9 is settling in nicely now, just need new front seats.
Thinking of little else at moment , apart from Lord Percy's Stag weekend this weekend in Newcastle ...

We had a  classic today re sponsorship. Nigel asked a friend if he would sponsor him on a run he was doing - "Sure" said the guy "put me down for a pound a mile!"
He changed his mind quick when we told him exactly how many miles it was...

(PS not really a "newbie" but unable to log on at present in normal way)

I know that the fever has definately set in as I'm now losing sleep about getting the Koni suspension and front springs delivered in time to get someone with a modicum of skill to fit it all for me!

The front shocks are still not in stock, and ironically it's those shocks I really need as the front currently sits too high, and the shocks are a bit knackered.  The back would be ok as such!!

Still, I may have found a low milage pair from another source...

Didn't really get a fever on, more of a moist forehead yesterday when the missus asked where our car was that we heve entered together to do the RBRR in this year as she hadn't seen it for some years? Must get the Stag out an pull the engine sometime soon, it's at least a weeks turnaround at the machine shop for the boring. Should have an interesting selection of music to listen to as it came off the road 10 years ago and all the tapes from back then are still in situ as far as I can remember?

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1156446328,s=46 date=1157616540]Yes but my method has only backfired once and that's when we decided to build a 22 foot long Herald 3 weeks prior to the 2002 RBRR. [/quote]

Yes, but afterwards he just claimed he was getting in early for the 2003 10 Countries Run!!!  ;D ;D

Must be something in the water up here in coventry,  my GT6 shell isnt painted yet so decided for plan B. To recomission my 1600 vitesse saloon, not too much to do......
New engine, gearbox, exhaust, front suspension and brakes, new diff , half shafts, spring, but first some chassis welding round by the diff ..seems to be missing a foot long section.
When will we learn Dave ??

Archived