• 4 months later...

James,

Still only 17  :P  You have to be over 25 to get on there classic policies and over 21 for there modern car policy

Its a real pain, we're gonna re-register the car in my dads name so we can get the insurance down to a more managable yet legal £830 with norwich union

Oh the joys of being young  ;D

Adam

• 1 year later...

[quote by=spitty71 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=157 date=1155509068]

Hi Tim,

Phils car is fine now - well done Phil on getting it all sorted this weekend - what a car! Despite trying to burn his house down this weekend the spittie is well  :P
[/quote]

Ste - that was meant to be a secret :'( oooops - lesson learnt!

Car is fine now cheers Tim, had to change a halfshaft over, as the Le Mans blast destroyed a wheel bearing. Just a few little jobs left. Still havent decided whether to go hard top or soft top - the blast of cool air we got when dropping the top on the HCR was the best pick me up!

Quote:
the very same man who in full Scotlandish manner pays in instalments!

And only 1,258 more instalments of a few bawbees a month and she'll be mine, all mine!
Quote:
Once bitten, twice shy

Yeah, sorry about that Tim and I was even sorrier when you had to have all those injections too.  A shame you couldn't sit down in the GT6 for over a month but that part of your anatomy looked too tempting to a hungry Scotsman, who's vision was blurred through drink!

It's a good job that I sobered up enough to warn you about the prevalence of rabies in Scotland.

And that's something to consider when you get out for a road-side pee in Scotland.

One midge bite and you'll be suffering from the effects of hydrophobia by the time you reach Land's End. ;)

And another thing, we've just had someone croak from anthrax up here - no kiddin' - no really - no kiddin'!

So leave the sheep alone please.  The may look cute to your sleep-deprived eyes, but trust me, Dolly the sheep was an experiment too far!

And another thing, we Scots are noted for our hospitality to peoples from all nations - except England! :P

If you want an example, try stealing a chip from a Scotsman's fish supper on the Saturday night.

You will, no doubt, be introduced to that quaint old Scottish custom, the Glasgow Kiss! :o

So, a bit of advice, stay away from the locals and the rest of the wildlife up here too.

Right, I've just about finished but I look forward to seeing you all at the Conon Bridge control on the RBRR, so named because Conan the Barbarian built the bridge on his way back to the Steppes of Asia.

Honestly, half the lies I tell aren't true. ;)

McJim.

Archived