• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a snippet that's on the BBC website today.

The 5 most dangerous roads in Britain and one of them is on the RBRR route.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4329455.stm#a84

It's the A84 from Lochearnhead to the M9 above Stirling.

However, all is not as it seems as during the day it is a busy road particularly during the summer but on an October evening it is much quieter.

• 2 months later...

Quote:
The 5 most dangerous roads in Britain and one of them is on the RBRR route.

Interesting that, of those 5 roads I have driven along at least 3 of them and wouldn't say any of them are particularly dangerous. The only reason the 'Cat And Fiddle'(A53) gets accidents on it is because you get damn sunday drivers on it who drive at 25 miles an hour so the bikers and motorists have to try and get round them and end up in trouble..........

Sorry but this sort of thing get my back up  >:(

• 3 weeks later...

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=0 date=1110027978]Only 8 months and 10 days till the entry is open again!

Its gonna be here quicker than I can think![/quote]

So it's open in November? That's not long now. I'll have to crack on and get the Staggy up to scratch :)

Entry opens with the  November issue of 'Club Torque'. Entry will close when we have reached a yet to be decided number- ths will be determined by how many cars we think we can get into the start car park at 'The Plough' and by how many brekkies 'The Seaview hotel' at J.O.G and 'The Lands End Hotel' can cope with!
I have a feeling that entry numbers will be high for what could be the best Triumph event that is run!

Raider and TR7nutter will have a race to attempt to get entry no. 1.
I keep telling them that money talks!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=6 date=1119388696]Entry opens with the October issue of 'Club Torque'. Entry will close when we have reached a yet to be decided number- ths will be determined by how many cars we think we can get into the start car park at 'The Plough' and by how many brekkies 'The Seaview hotel' at J.O.G and 'The Lands End Hotel' can cope with!
I have a feeling that entry numbers will be high for what could be the best Triumph event that is run!

Raider and TR7nutter will have a race to attempt to get entry no. 1.
I keep telling them that money talks![/quote]

I see, cool, that gives me a few months to sort any erronious cooling issues (she's runnning towards the hot end of the scale in these hot summer days) and to find a co-pilot (wife has a slipped disk and can't make it :()

So the round britain run is only open to members of this club?

Id like to do the run but am not a member of this club (triumph dolomite club member)

Surely you want people like me, 17 year old and already on my second Triumph (first was 1300 dolly and current one is 1850hl)  ;D

Adam

Adam,

Who ever said you can't be a member of two clubs? ;D

Joining the club is a small £25 fee - and well worth it! You'll have plenty of time to save up between now and October, when entry opens...

It was £50 odd to enter last time... then about £150 or so on petrol (that's the cost split between you)... the pie budget is up to you of course...

James

All you have to do is join Adam.  The club picks up a lot of its' new members by running these endurance events (10CR, RBRR and 20CC).  I joined to do the 2004 RBRR and then stayed.  You wouldn't be the only Dolomite club member who's in CT too.....

Malcolm.
(Also a member of the TR Register)

If you want to be part of the club, be part of the club and join up - of course we want you, we want anyone who's prepared to be a part of what we do :-)
No issues being part of more than one club - I'm an Area Organiser for the Triumph Sports Six Club as well as a CT member - both clubs provide something different for me, yes there's overlap but so what, the membership fees are hardly crippling - I spend more in a year on vending machine coffee than I do on club memberships  :o

i think major club events should only be open to club members. back in the old days the rbrr only used to open to members, now it has relaxed to only the owner being a club member, not the whole team. this is fair enough because triumphs are getting fewer etc, but it is beyond reason that some people want to take advantage of club membership, benefits and events without ever actually contributing to the club itself. fair enough, they are willing to pay entry fees for events, but the club needs all year finances to survive, hence the subscription. the subs for CT are minimal, and as jason says, one will spend more on  cups of coffee, bottles of pop or sandwiches in a week perhaps, than for a whole year of membership. maybe  some of us are a bit misguided, but being a member does give a sense of loyalty, and belonging rather than just "buying" commercial fun. come on chaps, pay up and join in.

From a Comps Sec point of view we are also putting these events on a more sound footing by running them under the auspices of the MSA.

This means proper liability cover etc and something of a guarantee to entrants that things are done to a minimum standard.

Depending on the event entrants have to be a member of the organising club anyway.

Calm down, calm down dear boy :P

What I said was "entrants have to be a member" - as now.

Ah, but now I realise that someone who isn't familiar with MSA speak  might think "entrants" is every crew member. This is not the case, an "entrant" is the person who "enters" the car in the event.

Clear as mud I expect now ::)

Wish I'd never started :D

Calm down Mr Raider! Was just checking... wasn't sure about the whole "entrants" things...

Some people have enough difficulty finding a co-driver - but as it's only the entrant there's no problem :)

Raider is right though, Jase.

It was his good idea that the RBRR, 10CR and 20CC should be run under RAC MSA 'Touring assembly permits' and as he rightly states they do ensure that the event is correctly organised and is legal. Also as he says it indicates quality.
Of course , I have not as yet attempted to obtain the 'TAP' for the RBRR- it should be interesting!

One interesting point is that the Club used to invite other Triumph Club's members to have a go at the RBRR. of course since we have been fortunate in obtaining a large entry we do not need to do this, and will not do so for the forseeable future.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'fannying around' statement.

Orite orite ill try to join....

*counts pennies*

It is quite a task though as im only on £97 a week just bought a Dolomite that I cant yet insure! (£2096 without cutting corners) Have my driving test coming up (£100 once booked and paid to use instructors car) going on holiday in a fort-night need beer money, and beer money for this weekend (some relatives B day I havent seen for years)  Need bushes for my Dolly as it insists on going left, have to pay £25 a month for my garage and gasp.... my MOT and tax is up on the car end of october

Thing is though,  I feel this club doesnt cater that well for the Dolomite and its just going to be another Triumph World (the magazine) Spits and TRs....

Nice freindly people on the forums though and the sound of an all Triumph run around Britain seems like good fun.

The more I think about it the less I feel I can spare as little as £25 anytime before October (MOT time) just incase.....

Adam

Archived