• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote:
I never touched anything Mr McG!

Yeah, you said that about my poor Frogeye's gearbox too.

I wonder when the new website will be available - can't wait.

I hope there will be an up to date map in the site too.

No pressure then, eh?

By the way.  Chingford?  Is that a real place?  It sounds a bit like Camberwick Green, Chigley or Trumpton! ;)

Does the RBRR pass throught it? :D

John,

Thanks for showing the clock, blimey to use Jason's phrase 'I'd better get my skates on!'
Just think 53 weeks now I'll be on the A10 battling the commuters on my way to Blythe and waving at Martin as I go past him!

BTW I hope to see a nice saffron yellow mk3 Spit. at the start.

RBRR it rocks!

I have spoken to so many CT members in the last few weeks who are extremely revved up about the RBRR, just goes to show what a great and unique event the Club has.
I was on the TSSC forum today and have had to defend the RBRR and 10CR against some rather negative comments, most of these seemed ignorant of the way these events are organised and manner that the crews participate- areal shame. Still hopefully corrected a few mistaken beliefs.

I must say I;ve kinda stopped reading the TSSC board - seems there are far too many people who needle, bitch, whinge and wind up on it - it might be just me but I find myself just not getting involved anymore. At the end of the day we all love Triumphs and we all want to use them in some way, I just wish we could do it in a non-destructive way :-)

Spot on Jase, yes we all obviously enjoy driving our old cars, fixing/modding them, making friendships and digging into their history, so I do not understand why in some sectors of the triumph scene there is a bit of back biting.

What annoyed me about the comments, is that a) the people decrying our events had no first hand knowledge, b) one of the 'knockers' seemed extremely patronising towards our club- almost stating that we do not know what we are doing and c)some people really think that CT is about driving old Triumphs into the ground. The guy mentioned in b) knows me, surely if he has genuine concerns he could have contacted me to hear about these events. He says he has a position within the MSA, well then maybe he should learn a bit of discretion and not comment upon events that he is ignorant about.
Of course the other thing abpoout this negativety is that they almost seem to come over as the TSSC position upon CT events, I hope this is not the case- in fact I am sure of this as I know the TSSC staff would have spoken to us prior to them being printed.
I think it is interesting that no one has replied to the post I made on the TSSC forum refuting their comments.
Anyway, I am now worried that I have continued this argument/discussion. I am happy that CT discharges its duty when organsing our events, so maybe the subject should be closed.
Thanks to Jason and Colin Wake for defending the CT position on the TSSC forum, thanks guys.
More unity within the Triumph scene- we will need it soon.

I will admit I was a bit of an antagonist in this (I started it in an ignorant way) - I didn't expect the things to be said that were said in the way they were said. I didn't want to let the things that were said lie - I thought the comments made were pretty bad against our club - especially when all the facts were not known by the other parties. You should know your onions before making accusations - it annoys me when people don't do this.

I was expecting more of a "yeah that's great - using your Triumphs - we should all be doing this" reply rather than the destructive comments that were made.

I feel I must apologise if anyone thinks I said anything wrong or overly antagonistic.

hmm, missed all that on the TSSC board. Anyway, I plan to be part of RBRR 2006. Come to think of it, I drove past lands end in a spitfire twice last week. Does that count as practising? and is that considered cheating?  :D

I'm afraid NiG's got on his soapbox on this one - and you know how he can get don't you James. Great bloke, real enthusiast, very helpful but can be inclined to only see things the NiG way. I liked the way you answered things there Tim - very balanced and very sensible.
Oh and if anyone wants a laugh, check out the Tony Lindsay-Dean anti-fan club on the TSSC board - now I like Tony but there's a bloke who's got up more noses than a sack of free Columbian nose candy  :-)

Archived