• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James/NiG didn't start the thread drift, but once James added his 2p worth and NiG reacted the thread took off in a totally direction, which might explain why it is not easy to find.
For those that don't frequent the TSSC (to me the "other side" is something to do with Mike Golfs) website very often  the thread can be found here. http://www.tssc.org.uk/messageboard2005.asp?board=messageboard&section=20030915080903646150646&topic=20050923162737491739722

[quote by=jcarruthers link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1110027978,s=69 date=1128341662]_Past_ Lands End - and you didn't end up in the drink!?

I didn't know you had a Amphicar ;)
[/quote]

Fortunately I was going north-south at the time rather than east-west :D and yes, I *was* in the spit. I was on holiday and chose to take the spitfire rather than my (slightly more) modern car. I did over 1400 trouble-free miles over the course of the week. *fails to mention the starter jamming 4 times*

I watched the thread develop over several days, and at first I got the feeling that James was the one digging a hole he was about to jump into, but it soon became obvious that NiG was also digging a hole to jump into.  It then became a competition to see who could dig the biggest hole before jumping into it.  ;D

I like to think I was digging a hole for NiG to jump in.

I only ever defended the club and told the truth - I didn't make anything up or bend the truth. I will admit to letting my emotions get the better of me in certain places - but then that is only natural when trying to keep the honour of something that I am passionate about.

I've just read this !!!

I honestly cannot believe the cheek of this guy...

One phrase...  GET A LIFE !!!

If he really has to resort to downing us in this manner, then he is clearly seeing us as a threat to their membership... Good, maybe more members will see sense than being brainwashed by the big guns. Big is not always best...

Be interesting to see what percentage of their membership base get their cars into their events...  :P

I got one stat wrong in my reply, we have now had 600 finishers of the RBRR, thats 31.5 successful crews every time.

Work has started at a pace for next years RBRR, approximately 368 days away, we welcome new entrants to this event- so any one who visits this forum and wants to do the RBRR Join CT £30 inc. joining fee and enter from 15th Nov. £60 per crew member. 600 crews cannot be wrong!

Club Triumph....The Club that does..

RBRR forever!

Superb reply Tim.  I hope that has made any TSSC members reading the thread realise what our events are all about. 

Entry opens in 6 weeks?  Should I prepare the Randall-a-like white fixed head TR7 now?  Or leave it to the weekend before the event as CT tradition suggests  ;D

Malcolm.

Quote:
Should I prepare the Randall-a-like white fixed head TR7 now?

I just knew it would only be a matter of time before replicas of BRP were being built! :D

Of course, you will have to decide on the original spec as fell into the hands of the Raider or the 2004 RBRR spec, 2005 10CR spec or the next evolution :D

Mind you, spelling the star driver's name correctly wouldn't be a bad plan :P

The whiskey in the Con club wasn't bad either ;)

Do you think the thread might have gone slightly  off topic John ??)

By the way - what was the topic ??) Wasn't it something about people getting upset regarding comments by another Club's Comp Sec :P

Oh - and don't mention the DVD :X

The post was just a little reminder of when the RBRR is due, can now say that at 7.00 this evening it will be exactly a year away. Does'nt time fly!

Tim Hunt reminded me of a useful stat yesterday, that as 600 crews have now successfully completed the RBRR, the approx. mileage covered by all the crews is 1,200,000 miles- CRIKEY!

The RBRR blurb, RBRR regulations and RBRR entry form have now gone to Quentin for publication in next months Club Torque.
James will have the new RBRR website up and running to coincide with the publication of the mag. and therefore entry will be open. Hopefully about the 17th Nov.

Anyone who is not a member of Club Triumph will need to be join prior to entering(£30- £5 joining fee + £25 annual m'ship fee). RBRR Entry cost is £60 per crew member.

I think Hopkirk was the dead one.
Would make a very poor co-driver but an excellent navigator as he popped up and seemed very alert and would shout out if you started to nod off or got lost.
The only way to have a 3 man crew in a TR7 for 2006
I can see the entry list now

1 Martin Randle  /TBC /Floating Spirit TBC    TR7 White (nearly) 1998 cc

Archived