OK chaps, here's what you've all been waiting for.

This is just a quick list of crews and cars entered so far. I have recorded ALL the entries I have. If yours isn't shown the call me or Tim Bancroft.

We will operate a reserve list from now on, up to 40 more entries - that is NOT TO SAY we will have 140 cars on the event! It is limited to 100.

If you intend to send an entry now, please call me or Tim and we'll let you know the situation.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reserve list is "open" and we will probably see a few drop outs before the event. I think unless your entry is already in the mail by now then you may well have missed out - it's overwhelming. Tim and I have just spent 6 hours on the first 100 entries, compiling and stuffing envelopes - he's taken away the paperwork to post so by the end of the week you should have your sponsor forms and charity packs.

philwright wrote:
Hey hey, we're in!

Only hope Wayne and his dad get a place on the reserve list as wayne only sent the entry off last night. Be great to see the Dove TR4 doing it too!

Ditto Phil.

Thankyou to Jason and Tim.

Be gutted if team Scott dont make it as Wayne has joined the club especially to do the event, Would be great to see that Dove complete the RBRR  :)

Ash.

Really difficult situation.

Ash/Phil:
Your buddy in the Dove will make the Reserve List, who knows what will happen.

As Jase has stated, just contact him or me if you want to enter and have not sent the paperwork in. We need to have some form of knowledge as we do not want to let people down.

Spoke to Derek Pollock yesterday to let him know, Derek used to be the RBRR man. He was shocked. Up until 4 years ago the event was limited to 50 or so cars. 2006 was the year that I pushed for the 100 car entry, most were sceptical that the event could work with that many, it did. Looks like The Start, JOG and LE will be busy.

Interestingly it looks like the Big Saloon dominance could be broken this year, Spit 1500s seem popular?! Also what is going on with 2 Standard's being used! Jase/Pearson in a Atlas: looney!

As I have said, please contact Jase or me if you intend to enter.

In at 24!   We're extremely grateful to get in, especially as we have to retire just short of JOG last time. The PI has better redeem itself this time.

It sounds like the club has a real problem taking this event forward in the future. Where do you go next when the success of the event starts to limit its development? A nice problem to have as it shows just how successful the club must be, but what next?

Thanks to all on the RBRR organising team.  

Nick,
Your question about the future of the RBRR is very relevant. I am thinking about how to widen the entry, lots of thoughts not one that is of any use! Some have said a staggered start, no good as too much strain on the stops and brekkie-also start atmosphere would be ruined.
We have to to limit the entry, simply because the Plough and JOG and LE cannot cater for a larger amount.
I cannot see how we can cope with more entries than the figure(!) I will be discussing with my colleagues on the organisation team, a bigger entry will start to threaten the spirit of the event. Surely the camarderie of the RBRR is the best aspect.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE WORKING TO ATTEMPT TO HELP ALL ENTRANTS AND HOPEFUL ENTRANTS.

Next time I will not open the entry until the January issue of the magazine. Looks like its going to be a bunfight to get a place in 2010!

Most essential that all entrants who take part this time get a large amount of Charity money, one or two of the heavy hitters (One team who has done the last two events has collected over £5K and are not in) on the collecting front have not as yet got a place. Bit of an onus on entrants to do well collecting the money.

Got to record a massive thanks to all the crews who have entered- CHEERS RBRR PEOPLE!

Right, off to meet the Treasurer to give him some cheques!

Right - I've figured out how to get the entry list up on my Blog, I'll keep an up to date one on there for anyone who can't open the Excel file posted here. We'll get the list posted on the official Club Triumph pages ASAP but in the meantime, here it is http://chinn.blogspot.com/2007/12/rbrr-entry-list-as-at-21207.html

I will process any entries received in the next week and update the list ASAP, I have some more work committments in Liverpool so bear with me, it may not get updated until the weekend.

If you need any further sponsorship forms or RNLI packs please let me know, we have plenty.

Hmmm. Do I have a case against Royal Mail? I posted my entry on 20th November and still got place 106! I'll send it recorded delivery next time as well as an email version on the same day. Grrr. Please can some of you kindly drop out/ break down so I can still enter? :-)

The Birmingham posse are in,
Malcolm  number 14 in an ex Chris Allen 13/60 estate
Jayson    number 22 in an ex Chris Allen 13/60 estate
Steve      number 70 in a 13/60 Convertible (but he does own an ex Chris Allen 1200 saloon)      
Chris       number 77 in a 2000 of some kind or Courier but hey things could change in the time before the start!!

Archived