o and there is no 'limit' as such but in another thread Tim has said he would like to aim for 65K so thats 650 quid each, no i know from previous experiences you wont get this with out trying but is fairly eaily achievable if you just get out there! personaly iv reach that sum before and always try to better myself so am aiming for 1K for this event, got a year to do it almost, plan is to target business' early then only start asking 'people' a couple of months before.

to be honest set youself a resonable target you feel you can achive, dont go silly or youll feel down if you dont get it, as long as you try and raise money no one can argue, lets face it some people its easier to raise money say if they work in a large office and plenty of people to ask etc compared to say a self emplyed person who doesnt really see anyone else at work etc. just do the best you can :)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent last night sticking 140 stamps onto envelopes and then had to get down the boozer (Cockney talk, don't you know)  to take on some fluid.

The rest of the packs for the 100 are in the post tonight, hopefully you will get them tomorrow.

The pack is fairly comprehensive, however no notes about gaining pledges, just explain the event, give people some RNLI info and get them to pledge a massive sum of money for successful finish.
Remember the RBRR ain't particulary easy to complete, it relies on 3 important factors:
1. A reliable car
2. Health
3. Endurance
Therefore lay it on thick to gain as much sponsorship as poss.
Lots of people have ideas, one of my faves at work is to fine colleagues when they wish to talk to me-works a treat as I generally find my work load drops off!
Basically a bit of ingenuity is required.

Some crews do very well, must be said that the younger crews don't gather up as much as the more senior entrants-there's a challenge!

Please ask your sponsors to write clearly, the poor staff of the RNLI have to review all the sponsor sheets once they are back with them to gain the 'Gift Aid' part of the pledge back fromthe Inland Revenue.

As I have said before, please do ask questions about the event and we will attempt to answer them. Also of course we hold a Drivers Meeting where the evnt is discussed at some length.

i was wondering if someone might be able to make up a brief/poster informin people of what it is we are doin and where we going etc so that if you leave sponership forms somehwere people arnt wondering whenever your not about if you get me? i can try and cunjer one up if you but thought it would be good if someone whos done it could give me abit of a des. of what its like doing it. i can then encorperate that into it, or maybe various quotes from people about it eg 'one of the hardest things iv had to go through' (crap i know but you get what i mean.

o and also maybe slightly modified to adapt to people who might send out letters to comapnys they know of who may donate, that briefs what they do and gives a couple of pictures just to help get the point across of what it is we are doing.

both things i will be doin so more than happy to try and make a template for everyone to use.

James is too late for No. 69 ???  

I have car no. 69 left over from the Herts County A&AC Debden MSA AEMC Sprint Meeting on 07-OCT-2007 at Saffron Walden.  

I will loan you the numbers, but not my car pictured below, as it is entered as No.50 in the 2008 Club Triumph 21st RBRR ???

Unfortunately, under the MSA Motor Sports Association Rules these types & size of stick-on numbers are not permitted. The MSA is the Governing Body for all types of Motor Events on & off the UK Public Highways.  As Club Triumph Ltd is a MSA Approved Club then if the MSA only Issue a 'Touring Assembly Authorisation Certificate' for 100 cars to enter in the 2008 RBRR then there is little that can be done, at this time.

Also, regarding the postal lottery for RBRR Entries.  Royal Mail postal applications to an entries Secretary's Address has been succesfully used for many years for most types of MSA Approved Events todate.  

I can remember a few years ago at the last round of 15 rounds of the MSA AEMC Sprint Championships, the points leading TVR owner did not get an entry in the last round and therefore lost that Championship ??? but, that is Competitive Motorsport.  

The man who invented the Automobile did not know what he was starting !!!

"Bottoms up" (Michael Palin, quote)  ;D

TTFN. AjS

Just to inform everyone, these boats are not waterproof. So if anyone is tempted to play with one in the bath please don't as it will go soggy and fall apart. This is just a measured piece of logic, not from personal experience. Honest... :B

Back to the story. (as Ronnie Corbett would say!)

I only found out this morning that the entry is full. I was going to do it in the Sprint with Brian. (the ex-work colleague who restored that Herald 13/60 convertible and then sold it) I'll have to break the news to him soon and decide if we're gonna try for the reserve list. (if it ain't already full!)

Yep, I had big discussions over the w'end with Nigel and Derek Pollock. We have decided to push it onto this amount, however that is it.

I feel that the event could be spoilt if it became larger.

So thats no pressure then, just got to worry about 120no crews all having a great time and hope that no one manages to have a serious prang!

Archived