I remember as a kid being fascinated by the short films showing London to Brighton in three minutes by train. Using a technique called time-lapse the train would head off at great speed darting and weaving through the stations before arriving at its destination in record time.

Last year on the 10CR with James Carruthers and Andrew Dawson we talked about how cool it would be to produce a time-lapse of an event such as the RBRR or 10CR.

I set about reading up how to do it. I'm no camera expert, but I am fascinated by photography. Here's our first instalment from The Plough to Blyth Services.

There's two versions - the quick and easy download -

http://www.vimeo.com/1907613

and the mega cool HD version -

http://www.vimeo.com/1913782

(depending on your internet connection it may be best to let the video fully download first before playing it)

I'd like to thank -

My co-driver Mark Bland for all his patience over 48 hours changing/charging battery packs, swapping and downloading memory cards!
Ellis Stokes for lending me his invertor when we thought ours had packed up (sorry for melting the plug Ellis!)
Mark's wife Shirley turning out at Pimperne with some more memory as we thought we were going to run out!
James for loads of technical assistance!

More later...

Craig

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig that is brilliantly done 8) especialy the HD clip

Can't wait for the next bits!!!

Can they be downloaded from the site.........................or could I host them on photobucket for you, I'm sure others would like a copy of them too :)

Saw 4 cars that I could recognise:

Francis Moll's TR7 DHC,

Fred and Dave's 2000 mk1

Tony Quick's 1300

Dave and Jason's Atlast.

I like it, can I suggest a song that is 2.13 long might be better-great song is 'Road to nowhere', but it was a road to somewhere!!!

I like the bits were mark changes the position of his hands going around roundabouts-looks weird.

Sound track suggestion ? What else but 'Livin' on a Prayer' - Bon Jovi (how many of us were fingers crossed ?)

or how about The Cure - 'Just like heaven'

or Lloyd Cole - 'Are you ready to be Heartbroken ?'

or The Cult - 'Rain'

(or maybe not  ;))

Archived