• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ain't full until the week before the RBRR, entries after the 100no will be put into the reserve listing and then substituted when existing entrants withdraw. Last time as I have mentioned we had 35 withdrawals.

Looking at the listings I see many regulars or people who have expressed interest in taking part this time as having not sent entries. The following spring to mind:
Lester French
Matt Harris
Andy Flexney
Paul Darbyshire
Tony Cook
Nick Dawes

I've already said that if you're thinking of entering stop it and get your entry in. You will still be in with a chance right up to number 130. At that point we could struggle BUT we will do everthing we can to get you running. There are always many consolidations, cancelletions and changes of plan. A couple of Tim's list of regulars who haven't shown up are now on the list following my updates today.

Cannot understand the comments that people are making about not getting in, we will stick it at 100no., but many will withdraw within the next 10 or so months-get an entry in, be put on the reserve list and await the call-simple.

As I have said many a time, everyone who has ever wnated to do the event has!

How can people be making comment about not getting in?

It's not as if the announcement of the opening of the entry list was kept a big secret, far from it!

After the last time, anyone who thought that they could post an entry off weeks later is living in the last century of RBRR's.

Diesel Dave obviously falls into this category.

"Honest guv.  The cheque's in the post."

A likely story! :P

Jim.

1045 wrote:
Driver: Jonathan Kubiak
Car: Triumph Spitfire Mk. IV.
Co-driver: Looking for one! see "the crewman required" thread.

Entry no. 110 (i.e. 10th on the reserve list).
Go on, its my first RBRR but being 18, my mates don't want to know. They are yet to "see the light!"

There is plenty of time mate, and a difficult event. I withdrew last year and ended up teaming up with Tiggrr for Team Shorts. People may withdraw for whatever reason then you will have quite a few offers as teams consolidate ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived